Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great app for those with poor vision/older person/special needs person.

• 20-12-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭

My mum loves technology but her vision has always been bad and needs glasses for seeing a phone screen for texts etc. I found an app called Big Launcher for her thats really helped. It is terrific for anyone with bad vision or even for a child or older person less used to android. It has a very simple layout with access to sms, phone calls and camera and access to all apps. The text in it is huge.
    The interface is very very simple . It can be used as a main launcher for or it can be just accessed anytime you needs to make calls, send texts and you can use the phone as normal as my mum does. Id say it'd suit someone very elderly or someone with special needs very well too, even better than a regular non android mobile.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone was considering an android phone as a gift for anyone in the above categories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO78enRWlTU

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

a little late for me, i sold my android fone and got an ifone 3.

Advertisement