Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Fitting Roller door

• 20-12-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for some help on re-fitting a roller door. It was fitted and worked fine but I had to take it down while getting a job done. When I took it down I rolled up the door and then removed the clamps at either end of the axle. When I went to refit it I rolled it up as neat as I could then put a rope around it. I then put it up on the brackets and removed the rope, it then started to un roll. Can you let me know the best way to fit this type of roller door.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

You need to separate the roller for the door curtain by removing the split pins at the roller. ( make sure all tension is off the roller as it will fly when relaeased. ) Then hang the curtain into the Door tracks. position the Roller into the carriers over the door. Lift one side and Rotate the spring to create the tension to lift the Door.( Don't over tension the spring as it leads to shortening the life of the spring. ) You can do this by hand but be careful as the tension comes on the spring. you can use a rope or wrench to hold the tension while you put the split pins back into the top of the Door. Release the tension and that's about it. The Door should roll up and down with ease.
    I should also say this is really a two man job.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

sky6 wrote: »
    You need to separate the roller for the door curtain by removing the split pins at the roller. ( make sure all tension is off the roller as it will fly when relaeased. ) Then hang the curtain into the Door tracks. position the Roller into the carriers over the door. Lift one side and Rotate the spring to create the tension to lift the Door.( Don't over tension the spring as it leads to shortening the life of the spring. ) You can do this by hand but be careful as the tension comes on the spring. you can use a rope or wrench to hold the tension while you put the split pins back into the top of the Door. Release the tension and that's about it. The Door should roll up and down with ease.
    I should also say this is really a two man job.

Hi Sky6

Thank you for your reply, I am not sure i fully understand but I think I need to take the curtain away from the roller and then put some tension on the roller the screw the curtain back on to roller. Is that right ?

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Sounds like you just need to wind the axle back one turn or so to take the slack up. One the slack is taken out out it you can put the bolts in to hold the axle.

Be very careful with these. always make sure the end stops are on the door. Can't beat 0.5 tons of roller shutter flying by your face

Advertisement