Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

1-1 tonight! Limerick won on penalties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Im enjoying watching for the first time every Limerick FC playing on the TV! We are playing Sligo, at home in Thomond, and from what I can see on the telly, Limerick are playing well!
    Half time now, nill all.
    Cmon the superblues!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Glenville 0-3 Limerick (Gaffney x2, Bradley)

Easy peasy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Lead Dundalk 3-2 with just minutes to go. would be some result.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭jjjd

washman3 wrote: »
    Lead Dundalk 3-2 with just minutes to go. would be some result.:eek:

Result! Limerick win 3-2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Down 2-0 with 25 minutes to go and win 3-2.
    amazing result...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

washman3 wrote: »
    Down 2-0 with 25 minutes to go and win 3-2.
    amazing result...:)

Was following some of the scores on twitter, went for a walk, came home to see Limerick won, great result. Big turnaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Best game of the season at Thomond Park by a mile. Thought it was curtains at half-time. It definitely would have been if Barry Ryan didn't get to Kelly's mis-hit clearance at the start of the 2nd half.

Unreal atmosphere too given that the attendance was just 1,249. Decent-looking run of games coming up in the league now so hopefully we can make hay and put proper daylight between us and the strugglers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Back in action again tonight. Hopefully after the game on Saturday people will come out and get behind the team for the Cup.

EA Sports Cup Quarter-Final:

Limerick FC vs Sligo Rovers FC, 7:45pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Disappointing performance tonight..
    Also disappounting to see a group of lads turn on stewards and Thomond as a whole..
    Behaviour like that will only turn prople off going and turn Thomond stricter against fans..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Also disappounting to see a group of lads turn on stewards and Thomond as a whole..
    Behaviour like that will only turn prople off going and turn Thomond stricter against fans..
    What happened?

osarusan wrote: »
    What happened?

When limerick went 3 down group of lads decided to forger abput the soccer & instead throw couple of bottles towards the stewards and gardai.. when one of them was tgrown out (rightly so) abuse of staff started and at end of game set on steps of terrace refusing to leave.. actions like that will not do the image of the club any favors..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

oh so thats what all the noise was when I was leaving. That group of lads are twats for the most part and wouldn't know a soccer ball if it hit them in the eyes.

They didnt cover themselves in glory at the pats game either, the sooner they all get banned the better to be fair. They do contribute to the atmosphere and I understand that but plenty of times they're simply abusing players who happen to run by them.

When limerick went 3 down group of lads decided to forger abput the soccer & instead throw couple of bottles towards the stewards and gardai.. when one of them was tgrown out (rightly so) abuse of staff started and at end of game set on steps of terrace refusing to leave.. actions like that will not do the image of the club any favors..

Did they throw bottles? We didn't see that and were wondering why the stewards and gardai went up to them. Most people thought the gardai and stewards escalated the situation by surrounding them basically egging the lads on. If a bottle was thrown at stewards I hope the lad that did it gets a lifetime ban. I know one lad already this season has got a ban for lighting a flair in tallaght stadium a few weeks ago.

On the pitch it was a very poor performance and we were outclassed in the end by a decent Sligo Rovers side.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Did they throw bottles? We didn't see that and were wondering why the stewards and gardai went up to them. Most people thought the gardai and stewards escalated the situation by surrounding them basically egging the lads on. If a bottle was thrown at stewards I hope the lad that did it gets a lifetime ban. I know one lad already this season has got a ban for lighting a flair in tallaght stadium a few weeks ago.

On the pitch it was a very poor performance and we were outclassed in the end by a decent Sligo Rovers side.

first bottle is what started it all, bottles continied after it.. was standing just to the left of them.. Guard waking in the centre probably didbt help things, but it shouldnt happen to begin with..
    It wasnt the normal group of lads causing it, twas a younger groyp who came along with them.. Club would be smart to issue some statement or a response at least..

The "this wouldnt happen in jackman park" chant did,make me laugh.. behaviour like that & I'd imagine thomond will gladly oblige..

On the gamr itsf, last night really showed the level Limerick have to be able to reach.. A sligo team minus Elding & Ndo punished us ruthlessly and we never really looked like a comeback..

Silly silly mistakes & brutal defending at corners.. good teams will punish you.

Ya there seems to a new group of younger lads mixing in this season alright and they have caused a bit of hassle.

Ya Sligo, Pats etc... Is where we need to be. As someone said last night it took Sligo 6 years to win a major trophy after their return to premier so time and patience is what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

No-one was thrown out at all so you are talking absolute crap from the start there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

TheBeast17 wrote: »
    No-one was thrown out at all so you are talking absolute crap from the start there.

And you would know because... you were one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 handsjco

Make sure you get your facts right before you comment on what happened. Firstly, the whole thing happened because one off the stewards took offence to a good humoured song which other stewards had no problem with. The steward then called the lads a joke which started off the whole thing. Secondly, no bottles where thrown until after all this happened and I agree there was no need of that and I know for a fact the majority of the lads where digusted about that and I think the people who threw the bottles should be banned. Finally, no one was thrown out of the ground and everyone left voluntarily about 30 minutes after full time.

One steward caused a situation that could easily of been avoided. So I don't think it is right that people who don't know the facts come on here and slate lads who have for years been following Limerick up and down the country and have supported them when we had crowds of less than 100 people.

Well someone was taken.out of the group by the steward who was then called "the steward with the fat head" and had "just try and throw us out" shouted at him aferwards.. thrown out maybe the wrong word, how about 'removed'.

• Advertisement

first bottle is what started it all, bottles continied after it.. was standing just to the left of them.. Guard waking in the centre probably didbt help things, but it shouldnt happen to begin with..
    It wasnt the normal group of lads causing it, twas a younger groyp who came along with them.. Club would be smart to issue some statement or a response at least..

The "this wouldnt happen in jackman park" chant did,make me laugh.. behaviour like that & I'd imagine thomond will gladly oblige..

On the gamr itsf, last night really showed the level Limerick have to be able to reach.. A sligo team minus Elding & Ndo punished us ruthlessly and we never really looked like a comeback..

Silly silly mistakes & brutal defending at corners.. good teams will punish you.

Again you are making things up.

What actually happened was after half time Ian Baraclough was walking pass and some people starting calling him a w**ker steward then rushed up and went into one lads face telling them to shut the f up. Afterwards the lads that were around started singing "g4s are fing s**t" at this stage a female steward came up and said that singing about g4s is taken as a threat and that the previous steward had gone to get the guards. One guard then came and barged into the middle of the lads pushing and shoving people. This got some lads riled up alright.

It wasn't until the guards were standing in the middle of the lads for 10-15 minutes that a bottle was thrown and immediately the lad that thrown it was given a talking to by people around him. The sit down at the end was im told a protest at the manner in which the first steward dealt with things. Im not excusing or condoning a bottle being thrown but if you are gonna talk about it at least know the facts and dont add your own bits it doesnt help anything.

handsjco wrote: »
    Make sure you get your facts right before you comment on what happened. Firstly, the whole thing happened because one off the stewards took offence to a good humoured song which other stewards had no problem with. The steward then called the lads a joke which started off the whole thing. Secondly, no bottles where thrown until after all this happened and I agree there was no need of that and I know for a fact the majority of the lads where digusted about that and I think the people who threw the bottles should be banned. Finally, no one was thrown out of the ground and everyone left voluntarily about 30 minutes after full time.

One steward caused a situation that could easily of been avoided. So I don't think it is right that people who don't know the facts come on here and slate lads who have for years been following Limerick up and down the country and have supported them when we had
    crowds of less than 100 people.

There was a bottke thrown.before and after. Also if the lads slag a steward he can slag them.back.. they shouldnt get offended & cause havoc afterword.
    why did they remain for half an hour also? Would common sense not say just leave..

Also Ive aytended limerick games at home for 2 years now, never seen the lads behave like that..
    Was just a sorry sight to see when the club needs promotion and people coming to the games.
    People around me where at their first game last night & were shocked at how the lads acted.

And you would know because... you were one of them?

I know a lot of them and was standing directly behind them. But sher dont let the truth of what happened get in the way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Im not excusing or condoning a bottle being thrown but if you are gonna talk about it at least know the facts and dont add your own bits it doesnt help anything.

So you reckon it's fair game for a group of men to start calling sports personnel "****" and to slag off the security staff? Charming stuff! How does that support the players of Limerick FC?

There was a bottke thrown.before and after. Also if the lads slag a steward he can slag them.back.. they shouldnt get offended & cause havoc afterword.
    why did they remain for half an hour also? Would common sense not say just leave..

There wasnt but whatever suits your story i suppose. The lads didnt slag the steward first they slagged Ian Baraclough then after he had come up and dealt with it the wrong way they sang a song about g4s hardly reason to go and get the guards as he did which just made things worse.

Cause havoc? There was a bottle thrown relax yourself ffs.

Ive been told they stayed at the end in protest i wasnt there when that happened so cant say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 handsjco

There was no bottles thrown until the guards came up. The lads only started slagging the steward after he came running in the middle of us telling us to shut up calling Ian Barraclough a wanker. And a lot of people around us were in agreement that the stewards acted totally wrong. We stayed behind at the end as a protest against lads getting banned for trying to create a atmosphere.

So you reckon it's fair game for a group of men to start calling sports personnel "****" and to slag off the security staff? Charming stuff! How does that support the players of Limerick FC?

I'm sure players and managers will be called names at every ground all over the country so i don't have a problem with that no.

I've never said i thought it was ok for security staff but its still hardly a threat and do you think someone slagging them calls for them getting the guards?

I haven't said i am happy with anything that happened but people making things up about what happened wont help anything.

Also if g4s is sh*t was sung at any sport in thomond security would react. soccer is no different.

The lads had a raport with security & were liked by staff(friends with a lot of them) after last night that could change.

Also if g4s is sh*t was sung at any sport in thomond security would react. soccer is no different.

The lads had a raport with security & were liked by staff(friends with a lot of them) after last night that could change.

They may react but to go and tell the guards that they had received a threat was ridiculous imo.

I doubt it talking to one of the security lads on the way out lastnight and he said that it was the fault of the one steward for completely over-reacting.

Id hate to see some people that go to Limerick games if they were to support Rovers,Sligo,Pats,Bohs,Cork or Shels if they are that upset about lads setting off flares and slagging off opposition players. Should see some of the actions of fans of other teams at away games this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Iang87 wrote: »
    oh so thats what all the noise was when I was leaving. That group of lads are twats for the most part and wouldn't know a soccer ball if it hit them in the eyes.

They didnt cover themselves in glory at the pats game either, the sooner they all get banned the better to be fair. They do contribute to the atmosphere and I understand that but plenty of times they're simply abusing players who happen to run by them.

Who are you to say what people should and shouldn't be allowed attend soccer games, You're post I have to say stinks of pure ignorance...The limerick players themselves on a number of occasions have come out and said we're the best fans in the league and im sure there talking about the same bunch of lads who sing there hearts at every game.

Yeah I'll grant ya there is one of two scummers but there the exception not the rule I've been to every home game this season and go in beside these lads and sing with them and to be fair there sound as you'll get and of all the games theres only ever been 1 incident before tonight and that was dealt with in no time so get off you're bloody high horse, And i'll add im pretty sure most of them do know a soccer ball if it hits them in the eye as most if not all of them are involved in various junior soccer clubs throughout the city

Advertisement