Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LTID4years

I am one of the lads in terrace last night . This all started when a steward approached us fans threatened us all and called a few things I would not expect from a Steward .

Now the bottle thing I don't condone but this steward was a joke what he sed to our fans who where once again brilliant last night and brilliant this past Saturday .

This got out of have when he got the guards when ours fans started to get behind the team . I don't condone any bottle throwing either and we are all pissed off over that .

Some people need to get there facts right before coming on places like this .

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

Who are you to say what people should and shouldn't be allowed attend soccer games, You're post I have to say stinks of pure ignorance...The limerick players themselves on a number of occasions have come out and said we're the best fans in the league and im sure there talking about the same bunch of lads who sing there hearts at every game.

Yeah I'll grant ya there is one of two scummers but there the exception not the rule I've been to every home game this season and go in beside these lads and sing with them and to be fair there sound as you'll get and of all the games theres only ever been 1 incident before tonight and that was dealt with in no time so get off you're bloody high horse, And i'll add im pretty sure most of them do know a soccer ball if it hits them in the eye as most if not all of them are involved in various junior soccer clubs throughout the city

Finally someone with a bit of sense. I honestly dont know who some people think they are at all with their attitude towards the lads whose only aim is to create and atmosphere and get behind the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

LTID4years wrote: »
    and called a few things I would not expect from a Steward .

Yet its okay to slag him and other stewards when ye lose interest in the game? Then react when they slag ye back?..

We saw a bottle from near ye and then
    A steward came to us about it because one was thrown towards a steward before the guards came up. If it wasnt ye i apologise but a bottle was thrown first, and with what happened afterwords you can understand the confusion. Wasnt just me who thought it.

Also ive attended all home games this year,and the mahority of the lads, who go to every game(as ive said earlier) go have a laugh & are immense in terms of support, just the small few who join on with um cause the trouble.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Yet its okay to slag him and other stewards when ye lose interest in the game? Then react when they slag ye back?..

We saw a bottle from near ye and then
    A steward came to us about it because one was thrown towards a steward before the guards came up. If it wasnt ye i apologise but a bottle was thrown first, and with what happened afterwords you can understand the confusion. Wasnt just me who thought it.

They did not slag back they were the ones who started the whole thing no-one said a word to the steward or any other security staff until after he stormed into the lads for no real reason. That is what stirred the lads up and led to him getting a slagging which he then went over the top with again and said was a threat.

I can guarantee you no bottle came form the lads that were doing the singing until after the guards barged in. It shouldn't have happened then anyway and if the person that did it is found they should be banned .

• Advertisement

TheBeast17 wrote: »
    They did not slag back they were the ones who started the whole thing no-one said a word to the steward or any other security staff until after he stormed into the lads for no real reason. That is what stirred the lads up and led to him getting a slagging which he then went over the top with again and said was a threat.

I can guarantee you no bottle came form the lads that were doing the singing until after the guards barged in. It shouldn't have happened then anyway and if the person that did it is found they should be banned .

At waterford some stewards took abuse too, now the two lads "sound out steward" and if i remember "fat mr bean" took nothing from it & laughed along, the two of them tend to do most games..
    Last night was newish stewards i hadnt seen before who probably weren't used to ye & got pissed off.. they were wrong to give out, but ye were wrong aswell..

At waterford some stewards took abuse too, now the two lads "sound out steward" and if i remember "fat mr bean" took nothing from it & laughed along, the two of them tend to do most games..
    Last night was newish stewards i hadnt seen before who probably weren't used to ye & got pissed off.. they were wrong to give out, but ye were wrong aswell..

100% agree.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Limerick trying to organise a friendly against Spurs according to the Leader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Who are you to say what people should and shouldn't be allowed attend soccer games, You're post I have to say stinks of pure ignorance...The limerick players themselves on a number of occasions have come out and said we're the best fans in the league and im sure there talking about the same bunch of lads who sing there hearts at every game.

Yeah I'll grant ya there is one of two scummers but there the exception not the rule I've been to every home game this season and go in beside these lads and sing with them and to be fair there sound as you'll get and of all the games theres only ever been 1 incident before tonight and that was dealt with in no time so get off you're bloody high horse, And i'll add im pretty sure most of them do know a soccer ball if it hits them in the eye as most if not all of them are involved in various junior soccer clubs throughout the city

high horse, really. Its a high horse because I dont condone pointless abuse of players or referees for no reason a lot of the time.

Theres supporting the team and theres just general abuse. I remember above in saint pats those lads you're talking about did in fact sing there hearts out but they were a ****ing disgrace with some of the carry on of them be it chants at opposition or just insulting the area of inchicore as a whole. Your point about being involved with junior soccer is almost as stupid as the I go to league of ireland so i'm a football fan versus a barstool fan argument.

How did my post stink of ignorance though, is it where i said the sooner they're banned the better. You're aware that I was making refernce to the scummier aspect of those and not the lads who arent scumbags aren't you.

I personally dont give a **** if people want to sing, jump, dance whatever at a match but when theres pointless abusive chants at opposition players, referees and opposition fans who arent doing anything to you thats where I draw the line. Its those I dont want going to matches.

Its almost shameful being in an away section when an abusive chant starts up about an area we are visiting, its awkward and unfortunately the rest of us are painted with that perception those few are putting out there.

Thats my issue with them, you want to call that high horse **** by all means go ahead but be aware you are wrong

Finally someone with a bit of sense. I honestly dont know who some people think they are at all with their attitude towards the lads whose only aim is to create and atmosphere and get behind the team.
    Also ive attended all home games this year,and the mahority of the lads, who go to every game(as ive said earlier) go have a laugh & are immense in terms of support, just the small few who join on with um cause the trouble.

These arent who I was talking about when i said the sooner they're banned the better. I was talking about the ones that are with them these days who have no interest in football.

I understand i may not have made that clear in the initial post but I'm not on about them.

• Advertisement

Iang87 wrote: »
    high horse, really. Its a high horse because I dont condone pointless abuse of players or referees for no reason a lot of the time.

Theres supporting the team and theres just general abuse. I remember above in saint pats those lads you're talking about did in fact sing there hearts out but they were a ****ing disgrace with some of the carry on of them be it chants at opposition or just insulting the area of inchicore as a whole. Your point about being involved with junior soccer is almost as stupid as the I go to league of ireland so i'm a football fan versus a barstool fan argument.

How did my post stink of ignorance though, is it where i said the sooner they're banned the better. You're aware that I was making refernce to the scummier aspect of those and not the lads who arent scumbags aren't you.

I personally dont give a **** if people want to sing, jump, dance whatever at a match but when theres pointless abusive chants at opposition players, referees and opposition fans who arent doing anything to you thats where I draw the line. Its those I dont want going to matches.

Its almost shameful being in an away section when an abusive chant starts up about an area we are visiting, its awkward and unfortunately the rest of us are painted with that perception those few are putting out there.

Thats my issue with them, you want to call that high horse **** by all means go ahead but be aware you are wrong

If you are that offended by people singing things like "Inchichore is a s**t hole i wanna go home " or slagging them junkies then id suggest you are probably attending the wrong sport. In fact St.Pats fans now sing about themselves being junkies its sang at them so much. Those kinda things are sang at almost every single game be it about Limerick or Limerick lads about the other place.

Some of the things sang are stupid and that had been brought up by lads involved in the group. But in all honesty you need to get a grip if you are that upset about fans slagging off opposition players at a soccer match try find me a soccer game with a crowd where that doesnt happen.

Limerick trying to organise a friendly against Spurs according to the Leader

Wonder what kind of crowd that would bring. People think it will be same as the City game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

At the moment spurs is just speculation. It could be any premier team. A lot will come down to what team any premier one would bring. A strong premier team will get around 15,000+ I'd imagine. For it to be worth while to Thomond park and limerick they need a crowd like that.

Huge game tonight away to Bohs. A win should pretty much see us safe this year, a loss could start to pull us back into the bottom few teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Bohs 0 - 1 Limerick

(Bossekota).

Great result away from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Great result. 6 league points in 6 days, excellent. makes up for the EA cup loss to Sligo (who are an excellent side)
    Bray next at T.P. I think.:)

If you are that offended by people singing things like "Inchichore is a s**t hole i wanna go home " or slagging them junkies then id suggest you are probably attending the wrong sport. In fact St.Pats fans now sing about themselves being junkies its sang at them so much. Those kinda things are sang at almost every single game be it about Limerick or Limerick lads about the other place.

Some of the things sang are stupid and that had been brought up by lads involved in the group. But in all honesty you need to get a grip if you are that upset about fans slagging off opposition players at a soccer match try find me a soccer game with a crowd where that doesnt happen.

look lad we'll agree to disagree. You feel its fine to abuse opposition fans, players and areas for no reason other than they're in front of you whereas I don't.

my point is because others do it you dont have to, I go to matches and dont do it along with probably 95% of the crowd that go. I dont like it is all and i'm entitled to that

Just to let everyone know in case some dont the Bray game is on this Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Just to let everyone know in case some dont the Bray game is on this Tuesday.

Thats at home yeah?

Thats at home yeah?

Yup

Limerick FC vs Bray Wanderers, 7:45pm, Tuesday 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Bray at home tonight. 7.45.

A few beers, nice sunshine and a bit of ball for a tenner. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick 4 - 4 Bray

Gamble, Bossekota, Curran x 2)

Seems like quite the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Defence was a shambles again tonight, is Taylor ever going to sort it out. Schoolboy mistakes week after week. We need a few decent players in fast.

Our Brian wrote: »
    Defence was a shambles again tonight, is Taylor ever going to sort it out. Schoolboy mistakes week after week. We need a few decent players in fast.

Players expected in alright.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jofspring wrote: »
    Players expected in alright.

Any of them defenders? I've only been hearing rumours about goal-scorers.

Any of them defenders? I've only been hearing rumours about goal-scorers.

Ya I would think so, one centre back is out for pretty much the rest of the season and another has left the club so there is space for one or two alright.

We need 2 centre backs, an attacking midfielder and a centre forward.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya I would think so, one centre back is out for pretty much the rest of the season and another has left the club so there is space for one or two alright.

We need 2 centre backs, an attacking midfielder and a centre forward.

We have none that would inspire you with any confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Yet another woefull display, most of the team don,t look interested. Big questions asked now of Taylor he looked clueless again today. lose to Cork now on Friday and we,re in trouble.

I thought we played very well up to conceding. We looked like we wanted it more and had Derry pegged back most of the game. We missed some good chances and were denied a stone wall penalty that 15 minutes later was given for Derry. We lacked the cutting edge and were deflated after they scored. Certainly not an awful performance by any means but a disappointing result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Colemania

I was at my first Limerick game in thomond park yesterday, hadn't been to a game in about 4 or 5 years, but I hope I just caught them on a bad day because it was quite a woeful game. Hoof ball for the whole game from both sides!

The defence was quite dodgy. Not a regular or Limerick fc fanatic by all means but I believe our left back was playing centre back and Treacy is a good set piece taker but was restricted at left back. O'Leary had a bit of spark but things just didn't go his way. Bossekota was getting roared at constantly by Taylor and the players, I presume because he was taking up the wrong positions or something. First time seeing Curran playing and i was very impressed. Looks a class above a lot of them. I was disappointed by Galbraith on the wing. Expected more from what I'd heard about him.

All in all a boring game but got a free ticket from a randomer outside the gate so how bad :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

Our Brian wrote: »
    Yet another woefull display, most of the team don,t look interested. Big questions asked now of Taylor he looked clueless again today. lose to Cork now on Friday and we,re in trouble.
    Colemania wrote: »
    I was at my first Limerick game in thomond park yesterday, hadn't been to a game in about 4 or 5 years, but I hope I just caught them on a bad day because it was quite a woeful game. Hoof ball for the whole game from both sides!

The defence was quite dodgy. Not a regular or Limerick fc fanatic by all means but I believe our left back was playing centre back and Treacy is a good set piece taker but was restricted at left back. O'Leary had a bit of spark but things just didn't go his way. Bossekota was getting roared at constantly by Taylor and the players, I presume because he was taking up the wrong positions or something. First time seeing Curran playing and i was very impressed. Looks a class above a lot of them. I was disappointed by Galbraith on the wing. Expected more from what I'd heard about him.

All in all a boring game but got a free ticket from a randomer outside the gate so how bad :pac:

I dunno. You guys were at a different match to the one I was at.
    There was plenty of passing football from both teams, with some long balls mixed in; both teams created plenty of chances; the game was played at a decent enough pace.
    Apart from the result, I thought we played very well overall.

Derry are a team challenging for the title; we are mi-table.
    The bulk of Derry's squad have been together and playing in the Premier Division for a few seasons, and competing at the top end of the table; we are just newly promoted from the First Division with a lot of new players in our squad.
    Our manager is new to the club.
    Derry's budget is probably bigger than ours.

Limerick were always the underdogs in a match like that, but we at least matched them (and for periods were better than them) up until they scored. Team shape was a bit ragged after that as we were pushing up more to try harder to find a goal.
    Remember we had a few penalty claims waved away by the ref, and the offside for Galbraith's goal must have been very tight as there were 6-7 Derry players back on the edge of their box at the time.

Advertisement