Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Jofspring wrote: »
    There's at least 12 players heading out the door with the club so there will be big changes. We need a bit more quality in so hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

The markets field has made decent progression with the pitch getting its final sanding before what looks like rolled out grass to be put in place meaning the pitch will be ready sooner than expected. The stand will need seats put in place and the dressings and bar refitted but it's most certainly doable by next march.

Who are the 12?? That's a pretty exodus... Axel, Gamble...?

We did pretty well at holding onto the majority of players at the start of last season, especially considering the circumstances. Gaffney, O'Leary, Tracey, Ryan, Gamble, Kelly all stayed on board. Would have liked to keep Corie Treacy and Brosnan personally, but guess that couldn't be helped.

Would be gutted to lose any of Ryan, Oji, O'Leary, Tracey, Gaffney, Curran, Rainsford.....and we should try to keep Kelly, Nzuzi, Folan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

Looks like a poor performance in Derry, even if they had possible euro place to play for. Good to see a lot of progress being made on the Markets Field, was the rent on Thomond very high?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

wonder88 wrote: »
    Looks like a poor performance in Derry, even if they had possible euro place to play for. Good to see a lot of progress being made on the Markets Field, was the rent on Thomond very high?

I don't think the rent was the worst. It was when the mandatory security from G4S and not getting any cut on food and drink sales was put on top of the rent that it was working out costly. The club couldn't up the prices either, especially when a lot of people were even complaining about paying €10 in which is baffling.

Gone:

Gamble (rumoured but 99% gone)
    Axel (going by his twitter)
    Bradley (rumoured)
    Judge (rumoured)
    O'Leary (rumoured to be going on trial in the UK)
    Calla (retired)
    Purcell (retired)

Under Contract:

Craig Curran
    Danny Galbraith
    Robbie Williams
    Stephen Folan

Most likely to be offered new contracts:

Sam Oji
    Patrick Nzuzi
    Barry Ryan
    Shaun Kelly
    Rory Gaffney
    Jason Hughes

Already linked to:

Shane Duggan
    Anthony Elding

Going to be linked to every top player in the league though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I don't think the rent was the worst. It was when the mandatory security from G4S and not getting any cut on food and drink sales was put on top of the rent that it was working out costly. The club couldn't up the prices either, especially when a lot of people were even complaining about paying €10 in which is baffling.

Gone:

Bradley (rumoured)
    Judge (rumoured)
    Calla (retired)
    Purcell (retired)

Under Contract:

Craig Curran
    Danny Galbraith
    Robbie Williams
    Stephen Folan

Sam Oji
    Patrick Nzuzi
    Barry Ryan
    Shaun Kelly
    Rory Gaffney
    Jason Hughes

Already linked to:

Shane Duggan
    Anthony Elding

On the G4s point, cost them nothing, stewards at the soccer were volunteers.

Is tracy being kept on? Few great games this year.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    On the G4s point, cost them nothing, stewards at the soccer were volunteers.

Is tracy being kept on? Few great games this year.

Id say Tracey will be kept on alright.

The G4S security were not volunteers. Limerick have had volunteers in past seasons but there is no way the 40 or so stewards this year were volunteering.

• Advertisement

Id say Tracey will be kept on alright.

The G4S security were not volunteers. Limerick have had volunteers in past seasons but there is no way the 40 or so stewards this year were volunteering.

Yup they were. For soccer G4S only ised voluntary(the majority of them are, even for the rugby 75% are volunteers, payment is free tickets for family & games you dont work)

I work for them at the rugby(paid) did a few of the soccer in the terrace(went to more than i worked) & none of us at the soccer were paid a cent, just
    did it to experience the games.

Only ones paid at the soccer were bar staff and thr g4s supervisors(the lads in orange jackets)..

Gone:

Bradley (rumoured)
    Judge (rumoured)
    Calla (retired)
    Purcell (retired)

Under Contract:

Craig Curran
    Danny Galbraith
    Robbie Williams
    Stephen Folan

Sam Oji
    Patrick Nzuzi
    Barry Ryan
    Shaun Kelly
    Rory Gaffney
    Jason Hughes

Already linked to:

Shane Duggan
    Anthony Elding

Not a big fan of Bradley, although he finished the season well...still if we were to lose him and Gamble, would be massive. If we were to lose O'Leary aswell, that would be massive...that'd be our whole midfield gone. Although, I suppose if O'Leary thinks he could make it in England, be hard to stop him. Judge barely played under Taylor, I think he's talented, would keep him, but dunno if he rates him.

Be a pity if Calla retired, mightn't have great fitness to last a season but whenever he did play, he was very good.

As for new signings, Duggan is a good player, would be happy with that. Not a big fan of Elding, gets goals but doesn't do much else..... dunno if he'd start ahead of either Curran or Gaffney. Someone with the pace of Axel would be nice, think he'll be a loss...was our top goalscorer, I think?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Only ones paid at the soccer were bar staff and thr g4s supervisors(the lads in orange jackets)..

That's fair enough but it's been said by people in the club that the security was a fair wedge. Surely the lads in orange jackets couldn't be on that much though I suppose.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Not a big fan of Bradley, although he finished the season well...still if we were to lose him and Gamble, would be massive. If we were to lose O'Leary aswell, that would be massive...that'd be our whole midfield gone. Although, I suppose if O'Leary thinks he could make it in England, be hard to stop him. Judge barely played under Taylor, I think he's talented, would keep him, but dunno if he rates him.

Be a pity if Calla retired, mightn't have great fitness to last a season but whenever he did play, he was very good.

As for new signings, Duggan is a good player, would be happy with that. Not a big fan of Elding, gets goals but doesn't do much else..... dunno if he'd start ahead of either Curran or Gaffney. Someone with the pace of Axel would be nice, think he'll be a loss...was our top goalscorer, I think?

As far as I know Taylor has lads lined up from the UK and now that he knows a bit more about the league if Ireland he will probably dip into the market here too.

We actually need to act fast though as Dundalk, Sligo and Pats have started signing up last seasons players already.

As far as I know Taylor has lads lined up from the UK and now that he knows a bit more about the league if Ireland he will probably dip into the market here too.

We actually need to act fast though as Dundalk, Sligo and Pats have started signing up last seasons players already.

Yeah, last year we were very slow off the mark in signing players, hopefully we'll be a lot better this season now that we've a manager in place, who knows the league.

• Advertisement

Limerick In:

Shane Duggan (Cork City)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

That's fair enough but it's been said by people in the club that the security was a fair wedge. Surely the lads in orange jackets couldn't be on that much though I suppose.

Club were 100% paying for security.

Duggy is a great signing too loads of experience and is only 24 delighted to get him in.

TheBeast17 wrote: »
    Club were 100% paying for security.

Unless they were giving thonond/g4s a flat fee..

The stewards themselves were 100% not paid.

Great to see signingd coming through, especially to buff the midfield a little..
    With Axel seemingly gone another striker would be lovely..

Outs:

Axel Bossekota
    Jeffrey Judge
    Stephen Walsh
    Joe Gamble
    Stephen Bradley
    Carel Tiofack
    Brian O Callaghan
    Pat Purcell

Duggan is a very good signing, local lad, should improve our midfield.

Hopefully we can hold onto O'Leary aswell. Pity about Judge, thought he could make an impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Duggan is a very good signing, local lad, should improve our midfield.

Hopefully we can hold onto O'Leary aswell. Pity about Judge, thought he could make an impact.

Getting sent off twice by being a child this season, happy his gone to be honest, can't afford to be carrying someone who'll get sent off for stupid challenges while only being on the filed a couple of minutes

Heard stuff about few players being discontented on twitter including Ryan, Tracy??

Has Calla retired or was he just let go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Heard stuff about few players being discontented on twitter including Ryan, Tracy??

Has Calla retired or was he just let go?

Fairly sure Calla retired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Getting sent off twice by being a child this season, happy his gone to be honest, can't afford to be carrying someone who'll get sent off for stupid challenges while only being on the filed a couple of minutes

Being a child is harsh. The UCD red came after he got away from a man who then lunged in at him from behind, it was a shocking tackle. He got up and reacted badly but being a child is a bit much.

• Advertisement

Iang87 wrote: »
    Being a child is harsh. The UCD red came after he got away from a man who then lunged in at him from behind, it was a shocking tackle. He got up and reacted badly but being a child is a bit much.

His stamp on rice, was of a coward and it was childish, he also throw a head at someone this season too...his either childish or just prone an idiotic
    reactions

ya i think he stuck the head in the UCD lad but didnt make any contact as such with him. He deserved to go because of the reaction but that wasn't childish it was a bad reaction and many others would react the same way after an absolutely reckless challenge from behind.

The Rovers one I cant fully remember but theres no excuse for stamping on anyone

ya i think he stuck the head in the UCD lad but didnt make any contact as such with him. He deserved to go because of the reaction but that wasn't childish it was a bad reaction and many others would react the same way after an absolutely reckless challenge from behind.

The Rovers one I cant fully remember but theres no excuse for stamping on anyone

The tackle wasnt that bad at all a lot of our players have been on the end of far worse tackles and not reacted like that.

Lee Lynch not getting any game time in the final yesterday was a real shame. Would be great if we could get him home one of the top young midfielders in the country and a league winner.

Lee Lynch not getting any game time in the final yesterday was a real shame. Would be great if we could get him home one of the top young midfielders in the country and a league winner.

Rumours from Sligo fans is that he is on the way to us. He has had less game time this season than last but would still love to have him with us next season.

The tackle wasnt that bad at all a lot of our players have been on the end of far worse tackles and not reacted like that.

He was mid stride and the man jumped into him from behind. Thats bad, that game already had more than enough niggle in it to after one of their lads nearly broke dave o learys ankle earlier so all things accounted for the reaction wasn't that out of this world

He was mid stride and the man jumped into him from behind. Thats bad, that game already had more than enough niggle in it to after one of their lads nearly broke dave o learys ankle earlier so all things accounted for the reaction wasn't that out of this world

Dave made the most of it to be honest, its not able to handle the rougher side of the game, now it was a poor tackle but Dave's reaction was ott, he was grand after it

Dave made the most of it to be honest, its not able to handle the rougher side of the game, now it was a poor tackle but Dave's reaction was ott, he was grand after it

are you joking. Did you see the picture of his ankle he posted on twitter a day or so later.

"Rougher side of the game" a man sliding in studs up after the ball is gone isn't a part of the game and its cavemen like you who will make sure that actual decent technically good players are never a success in this country because they "cant handle the rougher side of the game". Absolute utter ballox if ever I saw it.

Rumours from Sligo fans is that he is on the way to us. He has had less game time this season than last but would still love to have him with us next season.

He is better then Dave O'Leary in my view. Would be a great start to the team having 2 Limerick lads that are very good players in the middle. He got loads of praise from all involved with Sligo the year they won the league. Only not playing not because of big players like Ndo and Djilali.

• Advertisement

are you joking. Did you see the picture of his ankle he posted on twitter a day or so later.

"Rougher side of the game" a man sliding in studs up after the ball is gone isn't a part of the game and its cavemen like you who will make sure that actual decent technically good players are never a success in this country because they "cant handle the rougher side of the game". Absolute utter ballox if ever I saw it.

I'm not the only person who thinks, a few people(some of which are involved at the club) would agree with my statement re the tough side of the game, he pulls out of headers for fear he'll hurt himself...fact

Advertisement