Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

bennyl10 wrote: »
    There sureltly will be a bar?

No bar. Temp ones on match day but no actual bar to go into for pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

Jofspring wrote: »
    No bar. Temp ones on match day but no actual bar to go into for pints.

There wont be any temp bars id imagine that is just the LEDP talking crap imo. They were talking about getting the trucks in that sell drink as far as i know you have to get them over from England so can't see the club doing it.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    There sureltly will be a bar?

LEDP confirmed at the public meeting that there will be none, moronic decision.

TheBeast17 wrote: »
    There wont be any temp bars id imagine that is just the LEDP talking crap imo. They were talking about getting the trucks in that sell drink as far as i know you have to get them over from England so can't see the club doing it.

If that's the case there isn't a hope. Marquee would be an idea but it probably won't be cost effective with our crowds.

Jerry O'Deas and The Track Bar will be delighted.

If that's the case there isn't a hope. Marquee would be an idea but it probably won't be cost effective with our crowds.

Jerry O'Deas and The Track Bar
    will be delighted.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is why we have none.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be surprised if this is why we have none.

Not sure if they could object to a clubhouse bar and the fact there was one there already. It's a possibility they had something to do with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Fireball07 wrote: »
    And with Tracy and Ryan among those on the PFAI transfer list, you'd hope we wouldn't lose them.

Shane went onto the list last year too, think there's an element of him keeping his options open about it (as is his right obviously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

Saw this online dated 2011, it says the capacity was to be 8000!

http://www.limerickcity.ie/media/markf024.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

varberg wrote: »
    Saw this online dated 2011, it says the capacity was to be 8000!

http://www.limerickcity.ie/media/markf024.pdf

Those images are from the plans the club had drawn up at that time.
    The plans laid out in the current planning application submitted by the LEDP bear no resemblance to previous plans devised by the club or the FAI.

The current planning application can be viewed here.
    If you need to install the DjVu plugin to view the files, you can download it from here (as the page linked on the Council website doesn't exist anymore).

Some images from the club's plans were posted up here.
    I haven't got any images from the plans the FAI had drawn up.

I think the deadline for submission of observations on the current planning application is 6 December (or something close to that date anyway).

redron74 wrote: »
    Those images are from the plans the club had drawn up at that time.
    The plans laid out in the current planning application submitted by the LEDP bear no resemblance to previous plans devised by the club or the FAI.

The current planning application can be viewed here.
    If you need to install the DjVu plugin to view the files, you can download it from here (as the page linked on the Council website doesn't exist anymore).

Some images from the club's plan's were posted up here.
    I haven't got any images from the plans the FAI had drawn up.

I think the deadline for submission of observations on the current planning application is 6 December (or something close to that date anyway).

What is this exactly?

• Advertisement

redron74 wrote: »
    What is this exactly?

If you want to make any submission to the Council for their consideration, either in favour of or against the application for planning permission, it has to be in within a certain period of time from when the application is submitted.
    From the information below, the deadline seems to be 10 December, as all the documents submitted with the application are stamped 5 November.
    The planning application may be inspected or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, at the offices of the planning authority during its public opening hours.

A submission or observation in relation to the application may be made in writing to the planning authority on payment of the prescribed fee, €20, within the period of 5 weeks beginning on the date of receipt by the authority of the application and such submissions or observations will be considered by the planning authority in making a decision on the application. The planning authority may grant permission subject to or without conditions or may refuse to grant permission.

The Council will give their decision by 8 January.

There was a meeting last night between the Limerick FC Supporters Cub and it seemed to me like most people were in agreement that there are some serious concerns about the Markets Field, for example:

- Lack of opportunities to make money on match days which will affect the long term sustainability of the club i.e no bar or clubhouse.
    - Maximum Capacity of 2,300 home fans and 300 Away fans (Cork and Shamrock Rovers brought more than that).
    - Stand for away fans that will be right behind the goals, only partially covered and will be situated 25 feet away from the pitch.
    - There will be two steps of a terrace on one side and if someone needs to use the toilet will have to walk the whole way around to the main stand to do so.
    - The club will only have use of the ground for 21 days of the year meaning only on match day.
    - If Limerick made Europe the games would have to switch to Thomond Park.
    - If the capacity was expected to be high it would need to be moved.
    - None of the underage teams (19's, Women, Schoolboys) will be allowed use the ground, it will solely be for the senior team.
    - There will be rent to be paid which will be how the LEDP will pay back the loans.
    - It will be a house for us but not a home.

The list could go on and on. While the club and fans are not directly involved financially in the build it still stands to reason that if you are building a ground to rent then surely it should at least be feasible for the tenants to use. It should be fan and family friendly. Somewhere that people look forward to going to enjoy a night out at a game. Once again though this will just be another stop gap to prolong the club for a few more years with no long term future there.

The supporters club are set to have a meeting to voice their concerns tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what comes of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

If that's what's on offer it really doesn't sound worth the effort. How long could we use Thomond Park for, do we definitely have to leave after next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There was a meeting last night between the Limerick FC Supporters Cub and it seemed to me like most people were in agreement that there are some serious concerns about the Markets Field, for example:

- Lack of opportunities to make money on match days which will affect the long term sustainability of the club i.e no bar or clubhouse.
    - Maximum Capacity of 2,300 home fans and 300 Away fans (Cork and Shamrock Rovers brought more than that).
    - Stand for away fans that will be right behind the goals, only partially covered and will be situated 25 feet away from the pitch.
    - There will be two steps of a terrace on one side and if someone needs to use the toilet will have to walk the whole way around to the main stand to do so.
    - The club will only have use of the ground for 21 days of the year meaning only on match day.
    - If Limerick made Europe the games would have to switch to Thomond Park.
    - If the capacity was expected to be high it would need to be moved.
    - None of the underage teams (19's, Women, Schoolboys) will be allowed use the ground, it will solely be for the senior team.
    - There will be rent to be paid which will be how the LEDP will pay back the loans.
    - It will be a house for us but not a home.

The list could go on and on. While the club and fans are not directly involved financially in the build it still stands to reason that if you are building a ground to rent then surely it should at least be feasible for the tenants to use. It should be fan and family friendly. Somewhere that people look forward to going to enjoy a night out at a game. Once again though this will just be another stop gap to prolong the club for a few more years with no long term future there.

The supporters club are set to have a meeting to voice their concerns tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what comes of that.

Who imposed the regulations regarding capacity and days usage per year?

They sound ridiculous.

The whole thing sounds ridiculous actually. I'm very much out of the loop now, but who drew up these plans, and what kind of connection do they have to Limerick FC?

The whole thing is starting to sound like a horrible missed opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I haven't been paying as much attention to the whole Market's Field thing as I should, but as far as I can tell, the council seem to be very unhelpful. Why is that?

The football club are going to be the biggest team using the stadium, they're the ones bringing in the crowds...it's good for the area- particularly if they qualify for Europe, will get plenty of local media hype, and if they do well in general, crowds are likely to increase.

There's no point having a stadium that is max 2.5k capacity, basically all the stuff Jofspring mentioned is just shít, I don't see a reason for it.

What is the reason for having no bar?
    Why would the away fans have to be so far from the pitch?
    Why not do a decent-sized terrace?

The large drawings have been re-scanned and are now available online (so now you can actually view the drawings in full):
    http://www.limerickcity.ie/ePlan/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=13141&LASiteID=0

The deadline for submissions is actually 9 december.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Barry Ryan and Barry Sheedy signed for 2014. Great news!

Also see that Joe Gamble has gone to a club in Brunei and his new manager is none other than Steve Kean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Also see that Joe Gamble has gone to a club in Brunei and his new manager is none other than Steve Kean

You are ****ting me? Kean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Has Elding definitely left Sligo for Cork.?
    There were some strong rumours that he might be coming here.

washman3 wrote: »
    Has Elding definitely left Sligo for Cork.?
    There were some strong rumours that he might be coming here.

Signed for Cork two weeks ago. He was due to sign for us but the club changed their minds. Just couldn't afford it. We also couldn't afford Lee Lynch or Billy Dennehy who the club were in talks with. It's as much a case of they are being cautious about who them spend wages on.

Mick Leahy was announced last week and is a top signing. Captain of UCD and one of their best players. They always produce top LOI players.

Squad so far:

Barry Ryan
    Shane Cusack
    Stephen Folan
    Robbie Williams
    Shaun Kelly
    Mick Leahy
    Danny Galbraith
    Craig Curran
    Barry Sheedy
    Shane Costello
    Colm Murphy (under 19 that made first team appearances)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Has Brian O'Callaghan retired?

DBIreland wrote: »
    Has Brian O'Callaghan retired?

Ya Brian O Callaghan and Pat Purcell have both retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

big hole to fill at the back so. how about Oji?

DBIreland wrote: »
    big hole to fill at the back so. how about Oji?

No word on Oji. At the moment Mick Leahy and Stephen Folan would be starting. Club in talks with another centre back though and hopefully Oji too but I wouldn't hold out hope on that.

And Gamble off to Brunei......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Mc Love wrote: »
    You are ****ting me? Kean?

I kid you not. Also, one of Joe's new team-mates is former England international Francis Jeffers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Maire2009 wrote: »

Excellent news some very good quality in what we have signed so far.

Excellent news about Gaffney, although I think it was expected. Finished the season in top form and is a more natural finisher than anyone else at the club.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Excellent news about Gaffney, although I think it was expected. Finished the season in top form and is a more natural finisher than anyone else at the club.

I'd say there could have been a few clubs sniffing around if we didn't sign him up though.

We have some fine young players in the squad now, real lads for the future.

Hopefully a few more signings in the coming days now.

Advertisement