Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I've a mate who's a Cork City fan, another who supports Dundalk, and another who is a Shamrock Rovers fan - this is what its all about, the bit of banter in the lead up and then beating them out on the pitch.

Considering all the new guys in the team, new management and the sense of occasion, I'd be delighted with a draw to start off with. A win would be fantastic but a draw would be a great start. Cork have a few games under their belt already.

EDIT: Limerick bit on Soccer Saturday on Today FM last week: https://soundcloud.com/ceo-2-4/limerick-fc-on-today-fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

according to ticketmaste ronly east tearrce south and east stand have been opened.. thats a tiny crowd..

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

bennyl10 wrote: »
    according to ticketmaste ronly east tearrce south and east stand have been opened.. thats a tiny crowd..

The West stand is also open for away fans.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    The West stand is also open for away fans.

The west stand? now that makes absolutely no sense in the slightest.. surely north/south terrace woulda done the job..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The west stand? now that makes absolutely no sense in the slightest.. surely north/south terrace woulda done the job..

UEFA. FAI. Thomond Park and Limerick FC would disagree.

Do you really want fans, many of them familys,with young kids,sponsors and officials out in open Terraces in the wind and rain with no food and drink facilities?

Really like? :D

• Advertisement

Soulcrew09 wrote: »

UEFA. FAI. Thomond Park and Limerick FC would disagree.

Do you really want fans, many of them familys,with young kids,sponsors and officials out in open Terraces in the wind and rain with no food and drink facilities?

Really like? :D
    Seeing as the east terrace is.open, the food locations for north/south terrace will be open as thats where the theyre located.
    Sponsors will alo be catered in.hosp boxes, all located again in the east stand.
    From last week the west terrace was only supposed to be opened for disabled access.. interesting to see why that changed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

east terrace and stand is for home fans, west terrace away fans.

North and south I assume would be occupied by flags or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Really excited for tomorrow. I reckon there'll be a good buzz in the Curragower beforehand. Be happy with 2,500 turn out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A little feature by RTE ahead of the upcoming season.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/734/375853/

[QUOTE=bennylFrom last week the west terrace was only supposed to be opened for disabled access.. interesting to see why that changed..[/QUOTE]

All away fans will be housed in the West stand, be they Cork, Shamrock Rovers or Bray. They will be led into the LIT car park after the game where their coaches will be parked. Its a security issue more than anything but it provides them with everything they need to make them and fans of other clubs want to come to Limerick and spend.

For the record the ground is limited to 5k capa, the 2 terraces behind the goals will be taken up with flags from both clubs. You would prefer if all the fans were housed together but when the law men step in you listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads wheres the closest you can park , Wouldn't be able for the long walks form supermacs anymore have chest problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Must say I was very happy with the performance tonight. Taylor has the lads playing football on the ground and given they are not together for long they put some nice moves together. We did tend to overplay it at the back too often and got caught out and were lucky not to concede from it.

We had our own chances as well and seemed reluctant to pull the trigger at times.

Overall happy with the performance and good turn out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Bump!

Limerick were a credit to the club, fans and the city/county as a whole today. The passing was crisp, sharp and mostly excellent throughout. Galbraith, Ryan and O'Leary stood out for me, you'd never think that half of the side were new signings. They gelled very well at times. Credit Curren too up front for putting himself about, up against the two Murrays who are very experienced operators.

Compare that football today from our lads to the puke you will see from Traps boys in the Aviva next week, I know which group of players I'd rather be watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

What was the attendance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Bit concerning that there were reports that they were patting down people on the way in as well the previously mentioned segregation of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Cossax wrote: »

Bit concerning that there were reports that they were patting down people on the way in as well the previously mentioned segregation of fans.

That is a great gate considering lfc and mufc were on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

campo wrote: »

That is a great gate considering lfc and mufc were on tv
    Not to mention that the limerick-cork game itself was also televised live. When you factor that into account along with the two English games on tv, the double header at the Gaelic Grounds and the Arctic weather, 3500 is actually a great turn-out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Don't know how there could have been an official attendance. They issued 300 tickets to the away ticket hut. After that it was cash only, nothing issued and nobody was counting.

They could at least have turned on the fecking heating with all the undeclared cash they took.

From our side looked like there was more than 3500 on your side alone......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Don't know how there could have been an official attendance. They issued 300 tickets to the away ticket hut. After that it was cash only, nothing issued and nobody was counting.

They could at least have turned on the fecking heating with all the undeclared cash they took.

From our side looked like there was more than 3500 on your side alone......

Did you pass through a turnstile?

Stewrads had been instructed to pat people down, it happens at all big games, and to be fair there was absolutely no trouble at the game. Was greatly organised.

• Advertisement

thedini wrote: »
    What was the attendance?

3,578 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Good attendance. Whatever about the games on tv, the cold weather would have been the real thing to put people off!
    I think anyone who was interested in Limerick FC wouldn't have even thought about the games on tv yesterday. But I imagine the baltic weather would have put off casual goers?

I wouldn't be a LOI fan at all really, (nor a premier league fan for that matter), but like to watch a good game, so I tuned in hungover on the couch yesterday. Limerick played some great stuff, just couldn't finish. Entertaining game. I was expecting it to be a hoof fest. I'll make the effort to get along to some home games if I can this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I was at the game in Thomond Park yesterday along with my wife and kids (my boys were involved in the half time activity) and we really enjoyed it. I think it was some of the best passing Ive seen Limerick FC do, there was some great new players on the team, good attitude from the team as a whole, good support from the home crowd, the only problem was the freezing weather and the small fact that we could have won the game and got us off to a flying start at the start of the season.
    well done the super blues!

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Did you pass through a turnstile?

Nope , they had the "exit" gate opened .

Couldnt go through turnstiles as no tickets to use on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

FIFA/UEFA Rules state the fans have to be segregated and alcohol can not be drank at your seats.

I can understand the patting down at the moment. Limerick are going from having the same 400-500 faces in the gate to god knows who coming to a game so it was better to be safe than sorry. A little over the top with the metal detectors though.

Nice football played, a great attendance and no bad incidents. All in all a great start to life back in the premier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

must say i didnt like being searched going in. They also could have opened a few extra turnstiles but sure look they'll learn i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

I went to the game with my 2 boys. First time we all went to a limerick game together but they really enjoyed it. Reminded me of the great Sunday afternoons I had with my parents at the Markets Field back in the 80s when I was their age. Great memories. The songs like "we are the north bank markets fields" the odd bit of hassle when Dublin teams came to town, the Dessie Kennedy headed flick on etc. also been to Rathbane and Jackman. Thought limerick tried to actually play ball yesterday and worked a lot of stuff from the back. Very few long aimless kicks up the pitch. Steve Folan would have been my MOTM. Also peased with the work ethic of the team especially the new players. My boys want to go back again and so do I. Good value for great stand seats for all of us for 25 euros. I hope the new bandwagon continues to roll. Wasn't too long ago that munster were playing in front of much smaller crowds than yesterday. The club appears to b on the right track. Hopefully the minor issues if ticketing, insufficient stiles being open etc. will be ironed out. Also don't bring an umbrella as you can't bring it in. I wouldn't open it inside but used it walking to the ground. Must remember to get it back next time!

I went to the game with my 2 boys.....Good value for great stand seats for all of us for 25 euros.......

Hmmmm , must get myself some of those special tickets. On the away side where no tickets were being issued it was 25 euro for me and my 7 year old........

Patting down is a part of life these days, concerts , airports , matches - get over it , it's nothing personal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya it seems they charged cork fans 10euro for under 12's and 5euro for under 12's home fans. Very stupid if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya it seems they charged cork fans 10euro for under 12's and 5euro for under 12's home fans. Very stupid if you ask me.

any logic behind it? Were the away fans in a better part of the ground?

Seems very unfair, and possibly not allowed, otherwise.

Advertisement