Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

osarusan wrote: »
    any logic behind it? Were the away fans in a better part of the ground?

Seems very unfair, and possibly not allowed, otherwise.

No seems they were just screwing them. It's €5 for either stand or terrace for home under 12 fans. The away fans were €15 adult €10 under 12s.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Is Gaffney due back soon?

DBIreland wrote: »
    Is Gaffney due back soon?

3 weeks from what I heard. Injured foot in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

2-1 up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    2-1 up at the moment.

2-2 and Axel AND Brown sent off and Taylor sent to the stands. Can only follow it on facebook so not sure what is really going on.

So that's 3 reds (including the manager) and 3 penalties against us - anyone tell us what happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

FAI plot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Maire2009 wrote: »
    2-2 and Axel AND Brown sent off and Taylor sent to the stands. Can only follow it on facebook so not sure what is really going on.

So that's 3 reds (including the manager) and 3 penalties against us - anyone tell us what happened?

Graham Kelly and his Linesmen(Cowards) screwed us, Brown's red never a red or a pen...

Taylor was sent off because of his reaction to Brown being screwed, Axel was sent off after cassidy went down holding his face, there was no contact between him and axel from what i saw and a few Drogreda fans agreed with me too...It was still a stupid reaction from Axel tho, he squared up to cassidy and cassidy went down like he was shot, and judging by Axel's reaction something was said or due that really angered him as he left the pitch...

Both players sent off was very strange, maybe the ref has an issue with a certain section of society...

All in all Limerick the best team and if we continue to show courage and fight like tonight we're in with a good chance of a top 5 finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Graham Kelly and his Linesmen(Cowards) screwed us, Brown's red never a red or a pen...

Taylor was sent off because of his reaction to Brown being screwed, Axel was sent off after cassidy went down holding his face, there was no contact between him and axel from what i saw and a few Drogreda fans agreed with me too...It was still a stupid reaction from Axel tho, he squared up to cassidy and cassidy went down like he was shot, and judging by Axel's reaction something was said or due that really angered him as he left the pitch...

Both players sent off was very strange, maybe the ref has an issue with a certain section of society...

All in all Limerick the best team and if we continue to show courage and fight like tonight we're in with a good chance of a top 5 finish
    I came on here to say pretty much what you just said. A friend of mine went up to it and said they were screwed beyond belief. He too reckons there could have been something racist said to Axel, judging from his reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

grenache wrote: »
    I came on here to say pretty much what you just said. A friend of mine went up to it and said they were screwed beyond belief. He too reckons there could have been something racist said to Axel, judging from his reaction.

Just been told Brown was given a straight red for dissent:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Just to clarify, i never said Axel was subjected to anything racist

Thanks for the update Paddy - Axel seems to have a bit of a temper, saw that last week against Cork. Isn't afraid to square up to people and sometimes it's just best to walk away.

We got some awful decisions against us last week as well against Cork - it was like they brought their own referee.

FAI - especially John Delaney - don't want Limerick to do well, that's a given. Never wanted us in the Premier League - look at how they pulled the Barcelona game that would have brought thousands to the club, then they were fishing through the accounts hoping I suppose to find anything. Now we get two dodgy referees in a row .....

We'll show those pr1cks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Probably unlikely now at this stage, but would anyone have a spare match progamme from the Cork City game? Be willing to pay for it of course :)

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    Probably unlikely now at this stage, but would anyone have a spare match progamme from the Cork City game? Be willing to pay for it of course :)

Did you try the club shop? I think last season they were selling ones from previous games in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Ya I tried tis morning now alright and they had none in there unfortunately!

Thanks for the idea though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

FAI - especially John Delaney - don't want Limerick to do well, that's a given. Never wanted us in the Premier League!
    I know they screwed us over for the Barca game but I'm curious as to why you think the FAI don't want Limerick to succeed? Surely a strong group of regional clubs like Limerick, Cork City, Sligo Rovers, etc can only be good for the League?

I don't think there is any real conspiracy against limerick but there is certainly a lot of petty people that would not like us to do well after bringing the FAI to court.

I don't think they would cost us games but try and make life more difficult.

grenache wrote: »
    I know they screwed us over for the Barca game but I'm curious as to why you think the FAI don't want Limerick to succeed? Surely a strong group of regional clubs like Limerick, Cork City, Sligo Rovers, etc can only be good for the League?

To be honest I don't think the FAI want the league to succeed at all. Its like a burden to them, can't say I see them promoting it too much, if they aren't talking about the men's national team they are talking about nothing at all.

I am probably talking bull, but I just have got bad vibes from the FAI in the last few seasons. I only starting following Limerick about 2006/2007 that kind of time, when Limerick 37 where keeping senior soccer alive in Limerick and the FAI didn't seem to be doing much to help, but I suppose they've not exactly helped the likes of Monaghan.

I'm just rambling now - basically I find a lot of faults with the FAI :o

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

but I suppose they've not exactly helped the likes of Monaghan.

They have done plenty for Monaghan including screwing us over to get them promoted 2 years ago. You cant just throw money at clubs, they need to be able to look after their own house too. Now if you dont mind I am going to go and puke in my garden after defending them wanksters :pac:

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    They have done plenty for Monaghan including screwing us over to get them promoted 2 years ago. You cant just throw money at clubs, they need to be able to look after their own house too. Now if you dont mind I am going to go and puke in my garden after defending them wanksters :pac:

Jaysus yeah - memory is dying :o

Limerick vs UCD tonight.

Great chance to get the first three points on the board. Have Shaun Kelly and Purcell returning from suspension for possibly their first action of the season. Hopefully after 2 great performances Craig Curran can get off the mark tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

IM going to the match tonight. There is no start time mentioned on the website,. What time does the match start at and does it always start at the same time?

banjobongo wrote: »
    IM going to the match tonight. There is no start time mentioned on the website,. What time does the match start at and does it always start at the same time?

7:45pm kick off tonight. All limerick games unless otherwise stated kick off at that time.

I'd advise getting tickets early if at all possible. The last home game had huge queues, with many waiting till near kick off to purchase tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

banjobongo wrote: »
    There is no start time mentioned on the website,

Hmmmmmmm you sure you looked hard enough? :)

http://www.limerickfc.ie/fai-cup-fixtures-and-results

3-0 already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

This match seems to really be a stroll in the park , come on the super blues !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

result 3:1 for Limerick. First half a lot more positive than the second and we kind of let UCD back in a bit in the 2nd half but still a win is a win!

Ya the game went very quiet at 3-0 up. O'Leary going off injured put a dampener on it but I don't think it's as bad as first thought. 1,716 in attendance which was great for a cold Tuesday night and only 16 away fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya the game went very quiet at 3-0 up. O'Leary going off injured put a dampener on it but I don't think it's as bad as first thought. 1,716 in attendance which was great for a cold Tuesday night and only 16 away fans.

Where were the 16? I didn't see any away fans

Where were the 16? I didn't see any away fans

I was told that because there was only 16 they closed the away stand and brought them over to the premium level, which was a nice touch from the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

That's 15 more than they normally bring. Probably left the dog at home.

Advertisement