Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Any one hear how leary's gettin on.? Cant wait for curran to bag his first goal he puts in a great shift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

limerickfc wrote: »
    Any one hear how leary's gettin on.? Cant wait for curran to bag his first goal he puts in a great shift

Going for a scan today. He had it well packed with ice and didn't have to go to the hospital so hopefully that's a good sign.

Curran is definitely due a goal. Fantastic player.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Just wondering again would anyone have a spare match day programme from the Cork City game??

Willing to pay €15 for it? PM me if anyone is interested!

I tried putting an ad on adverts.ie but got no responses yet!

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    Just wondering again would anyone have a spare match day programme from the Cork City game??

Willing to pay €15 for it? PM me if anyone is interested!

I tried putting an ad on adverts.ie but got no responses yet!

The club had it on their Facebook page that they reprinted a few copies of the cork city and UCD program's. there is your bet place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Jofspring wrote: »
    The club had it on their Facebook page that they reprinted a few copies of the cork city and UCD program's. there is your bet place to go.

Thanks for that thats great! Didn't see that post on Facebook. I had tried the shop last weekend and they had none but Ill try again Monday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

1 - 0 up at the moment sounds like a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

2-1 down now..
    Seemingly same story as UCD last week.. Great first half, Disappointing Second..
    Really have to stop just playing for 45 minutes!

shoulda been a penalty on the last minute, instead limerick booking for a dive.. Ref feckin us over again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    shoulda been a penalty on the last minute, instead limerick booking for a dive.. Ref feckin us over again

From where I was, it looked a certain pen, but would like to see it on mns...although the lads on ocean fm thought it was peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick supporters' bus had winsow(s?) smashed upon leaving the ground. Seems like there was quite a delay, only getting home at about 4 in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

2-1 down now..
    Seemingly same story as UCD last week.. Great first half, Disappointing Second..
    Really have to stop just playing for 45 minutes!

Don't know where you got your info, they broke their bollox for 93mins only to be robbed of a point in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

osarusan wrote: »
    Limerick supporters' bus had winsow(s?) smashed upon leaving the ground. Seems like there was quite a delay, only getting home at about 4 in the morning.

Was well out of Sligo when we heard about this, an unofficial supporters bus had a couple of rocks put through the windows and they had to wait for a replacement bus.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Don't know where you got your info, they broke their bollox for 93mins only to be robbed of a point in the end.

Sligo certainly took control in the second half though. judging my the oceanfm stream. Great to go to Sligo and play so well though, especially this early in the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Was well out of Sligo when we heard about this, an unofficial supporters bus had a couple of rocks put through the windows and they had to wait for a replacement bus.

Surprised to hear that happening - sad if true though - looking forward to a visit to Thomond later this year...(beats Jackman Park anytime!)

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Looking forward to a few big games in Thomond Park.

It should give an idea of how good the squad is now that they have a couple of games under thier belts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sligo certainly took control in the second half though. judging my the oceanfm stream. Great to go to Sligo and play so well though, especially this early in the season

What is it with some Irish soccer "fans" wanting to pretend they are from the big cities of England. Come on lads! You're from a small crappy provincial town in Connacht. You're NOT hooligans...you're boggers....:rolleyes:

It seems the incident happened well away from the ground and most likely it was from lads that weren't even at the game. Just local scum trying to cause trouble.

Back to the Football.

It seems St.Pats have a special train organized to come down as well as people traveling themselves so hopefully they are bringing 300+ and Shamrock Rovers have requested 1,000 tickets for Tuesday. If we are lucky and the people of Limerick continue to come out we could see us hit over 3,000 again and possibly 4,000.

For anyone thinking of going to either games i'd advise getting tickets early if at all possible.

They are available in the shop at the side of Arthurs Quay at the moment and from the ticket booth from 10am tomorrow. The tickets are supposed to be selling well by both home and away supporters already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

For anyone thinking of going to either games i'd advise getting tickets early if at all possible.

They are available in the shop at the side of Arthurs Quay at the moment and from the ticket booth from 10am tomorrow. The tickets are supposed to be selling well by both home and away supporters already.

Do you reckon it will sell out?

magma69 wrote: »
    Do you reckon it will sell out?

Sellout? As in 26,500 tickets or maybe you mean the smaller sectioned off half terrace and half stand?

• Advertisement

Sellout? As in 26,500 tickets or maybe you mean the smaller sectioned off half terrace and half stand?

Same set up as with the past few games, just actually be full for once. Great to hear though

Was just a tongue-in-cheek comment bud. :P

I'll be there for it. Any news on when Dave O'Leary will be back? Been most impressed with him with Galbraith following closely behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

How about Gaffney, Purcell and Foley? Are they due back soon?

DBIreland wrote: »
    How about Gaffney, Purcell and Foley? Are they due back soon?

http://www.limerickfc.ie/st-pats-preview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Is Pat Purcell injured ? He was on the bench for the UCD game, but not a sign of him since.

do we have Axel back for Shamrock or still suspended? alsow hat was the ticket story like for the Pats game? big ques again? hoping ot head along myself tomorrow, sick of working um!

also i assume Taylor is back in theduggout?

Taylor is back, Axel still suspended.

Didn't think the queues were too bad but there seems to be problems with the ticketing scanners. They ended up just manually doing it after a while.

Hopefully we have Gaffney back tonight. The squad is currently missing 6 possible starters which when they come back will really strengthen us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

looking forward to the big match tonight , going to be a tuff one.
    This will be my 3rd match, must admit, really enjoyed the last 2.

Any regulars here that attend both home and away games? Never been to a limerick fc away fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

What do you think the chances are of there being hassle around the ground tonight? Seen the rovers fans in action once or twice at away games and i didn't always feel safe. Might take a wander out tonight for a look

Advertisement