Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

What do you think the chances are of there being hassle around the ground tonight? Seen the rovers fans in action once or twice at away games and i didn't always feel safe. Might take a wander out tonight for a look

Just stay clear of the west side of the ground (away section) and you should be fine. I know I won't be going near them. Better to be safe than sorry. The last time they were down it was as much every scumbag in limerick coming out of the woodwork (none of which attended the actual game) as it was shams fans causing trouble.

I know gardai are coming down from Dublin for it as they are more familiar with the trouble makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

How are they going so far any1 no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I see on extratime that we are a goal down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

1 all lads, first 30 mins couldn't string 2 passes together, last 15, very good.

great atmosphere and turn out...come on limerick fc

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Any change?

• Advertisement

1 all draw I believe from extratime website (via my mobile phone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Finished 1-1, some positives, but in the final third we are lacking something...Stephan Folan at the back is a liability, bring back Calla, at least he knows when its time to huff it

Folan and Browne were shaky but I'd still have faith in Folan being a quality player with more experience in the tough games. A few of the new lads are really starting to see the standard they are up against and realizing it isn't as bad as the might have thought. Some of the Rovers players are top class.

No trouble at the game either which was great.

Att: 3,006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

the limerick keeper was very dodgy, also very slow with his distribution of the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Jofspring wrote: »
    Folan and Browne were shaky but I'd still have faith in Folan being a quality player with more experience in the tough games. A few of the new lads are really starting to see the standard they are up against and realizing it isn't as bad as the might have thought. Some of the Rovers players are top class.

No trouble at the game either which was great.

Att: 3,006
    What's the deal with the attendences seemed a lot more than 3000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Thought limerick were lucky enough last night to get away with a draw. They really found it hard to get the ball down and pass it against a much better rovers side. Even against 10 they were having to lump it forward and bypass midfield. Karl Sheppard was the pick of the players on view for me last night. He was unlucky not to score a couple.
    Was very disappointed with gamble last night. His passing was bad, no go forward in him and a number of balls left short. How has he been in general this season?

Thought limerick were lucky enough last night to get away with a draw. They really found it hard to get the ball down and pass it against a much better rovers side. Even against 10 they were having to lump it forward and bypass midfield. Karl Sheppard was the pick of the players on view for me last night. He was unlucky not to score a couple.
    Was very disappointed with gamble last night. His passing was bad, no go forward in him and a number of balls left short. How has he been in general this season?

Gambles passing hasn't been great but he has been excellent defensively. I think we would notice it massively if he was missing.

Rovers have class in every position on the pitch and one of the best strikers in the country couldn't even get a run last night. We were lucky in the end but delighted with the point. I can see rovers starting to pick up the full three points more often than not as the season goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads Limerick are a newly promoted teams , they will struggle against the likes of Rovers, Pats and Sligo all teams who have been up around the top of this league the last few years , that plus were missing our 3 players including the keeper from our defence,

the Team is still new I woudn't so quick to critsice, and this crap stop going backwards get it forward stinks of the non football fans, Sometimes you have to go back to start up another move, You build from the back not just lump it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Lads Limerick are a newly promoted teams , they will struggle against the likes of Rovers, Pats and Sligo all teams who have been up around the top of this league the last few years , that plus were missing our 3 players including the keeper from our defence,

the Team is still new I woudn't so quick to critsice, and this crap stop going backwards get it forward stinks of the non football fans, Sometimes you have to go back to start up another move, You build from the back not just lump it :/

but for a lot of the pats game and the rovers game, they'd pass it back, make it look some-way promising and then lump it forward.. it was like watching a mix of Stoke and Ireland..

The attack when we went down to ten and brought on Rory against rovers just collapsed for large parts..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

For feck sake

Threw it away tonight.

Didn't deserve to even be in the lead. Could have easily lost that game. At the end of the day it's a hood point away to a very decent Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    but for a lot of the pats game and the rovers game, they'd pass it back, make it look some-way promising and then lump it forward.. it was like watching a mix of Stoke and Ireland..

The attack when we went down to ten and brought on Rory against rovers just collapsed for large parts..

Before this season have you been to many LOI games?

Just asking, because you seem to be expecting a much higher standard????

Limerick are newly promoted, with a lot of new players, some of which before this season had never played a senior game of football, also a manager in his first job, in a new league...

Have patience, we are always improving and we'll be in the top 6 come seasons end...

Its starting to annoy me the amount of people giving out about drawing so many games/play too much football/don't play enough football...stop complaining and support your team rant/

This is from someone whose been supporting Limerick for 7 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I agree with most but hate when people use the stop complaining and support your team line. We pay our money so are entitled to our opinion you know,

Personally I couldn't be happier with how the season has started, playing fantastic stuff at times but overplaying it other times. Its all about getting the balance of when to play and when not to play. Before the start of the season I'd have bitten your hand off for a draw against rovers and pats at home. Its not that long ago we were walking out of jackman park wondering why a center back just played right wing in a massive game.

We've came a long way but endings to games like last nights will keep us in line and help us see out games in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Quick question that one of yous might be able to answer, Munster play in France on the 27th April at 7pm while Limerick FC plays Shels in Thomond Park at 7.45pm the same day. Any chance the game might be moved so the games don't clash, thus hampering the home attendance? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Quick question that one of yous might be able to answer, Munster play in France on the 27th April at 7pm while Limerick FC plays Shels in Thomond Park at 7.45pm the same day. Any chance the game might be moved so the games don't clash, thus hampering the home attendance? Cheers.

The Munster game kicks off at 6pm French time, which is 5pm here. It'll be over before the football.

I think the club are looking into making a day of it. Come watch the Munster match in Thomond park ie dugout bar or the function room and then the limerick match after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sound lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Bump time.

Big game tomorrow night.

If Pats win tonight and we get a win we'll go 9 clear of the bottom two. I know we all hope for better but lets make sure we're there next year first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Three massive games coming up against teams below the Super Blues. The ideal opportunity to get a couple of wins on board, especially with two of the games at home. It can be done!

If we can get at the very least another 7 points on the board then it will be a great start to premier division life for us.

Jofspring wrote: »
    If we can get at the very least another 7 points on the board then it will be a great start to premier division life for us.

7 points all season?
    Over nect 2 games should be easy enough.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

7 points all season?

7 points from the next 3 games, I'd say. Including the 3 points tonight.

7 points all season?

7 points from 2 games? :eek: Did Bernard Tapie and Silvio Berlusconi take over the running of Limerick recently or something? :pac:

• Advertisement

I know that our first match was televised, I didnt see it on TV as I was at the match live that night....just wandering was RTE covering Limerick FC in THomond Park as a once off or might it happen again, on a regular basis?
    Would be really nice to watch our away games on RTE TV!

Advertisement