Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

banjobongo wrote: »
    I know that our first match was televised, I didnt see it on TV as I was at the match live that night....just wandering was RTE covering Limerick FC in THomond Park as a once off or might it happen again, on a regular basis?
    Would be really nice to watch our away games on RTE TV!

It will all depend on how we get on this season. We will definitely be televised again this season. If we can pick up a few more good results over the next couple of weeks and be in the top 5 or 6 I would say they might have our games vs Derry (Away) or Cork (Away) televised and I would be highly surprised if our game at home to Sligo isn't televised. Its very handy for them set up wise to do live games from Thomond Park.

And yes I meant 7 points over the next few games which bring series 1 to an end before we are back around to the reverse fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

7 points from 2 games? :eek: Did Bernard Tapie and Silvio Berlusconi take over the running of Limerick recently or something? :pac:

I meant including the three from last night :P
    Theyd probably help with the peno situation though :L

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

I went to the Bohs game on Tuesday to have look at Thomond as a LoI venue. Was impressed, but as an outsider, what would Limerick fans think is the potential to increase the fan base to? Is 5k average crowd possible?

wonder88 wrote: »
    I went to the Bohs game on Tuesday to have look at Thomond as a LoI venue. Was impressed, but as an outsider, what would Limerick fans think is the potential to increase the fan base to? Is 5k average crowd possible?

At the moment 2,000 average is excellent. If we were winning leagues then you might stretch it to an average of 3,500 and hit the 5,000 mark for some big games.

Limerick FC lads dye their hair for "Make A Wish Foundation"

make-A-wish.png

Stephen Folan and Axel Bossekota

www.limerickfc.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

lads anyone been to bray before. What sort of price are we talking for tickets and is parking as straight forward as I have it in my head

does anyone know if you have to go hospitality to see both the rugby and the soccer on the 17th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

bennyl10 wrote: »
    does anyone know if you have to go hospitality to see both the rugby and the soccer on the 17th?

Dugout bar will surely be open - don't know that for a fact!

Iang87 wrote: »
    lads anyone been to bray before. What sort of price are we talking for tickets and is parking as straight forward as I have it in my head

Was up the last season and just parked on the street near the ground. It should be easy enough to get parking if there early enough. I'd say you are talking around €15 max for tickets, maybe a little less.

If you have a season ticket or supporters membership you can probably watch it in the presidential suite. The dugout bar might open though. The hospitality price of 25 isn't bad as you get a match program and premium seat as well as use of the Thomond suite bar and room, but no meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

3-0 after 35mins - surely we can't mess this up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maire2009 wrote: »
    3-0 after 35mins - surely we can't mess this up!

You sound like me - a blackburn fan....:mad:

Mc Love wrote: »
    You sound like me - a blackburn fan....:mad:

I feel your pain - Arsenal fan :o

4 now, another free from Tracy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Great win, sets us up nicely for the Shels game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I feel your pain - Arsenal fan :o

I'd much rather be where you are.

0-4 away from home. Nice one - 2 each from Axel and Tracey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Great win again looking forward to shels next saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Gutted I missed it today, had to work, and my first game missed this season too...Only missed 2 last season, and they were because of work...sometimes it was really much better on the dole:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Great win today, looking forward to watching MNS tomorrow. Having O'Leary back in the middle of the park makes all the difference.

It appears even from this early stage that Bray and UCD are going to be the league's whipping boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

was in bray on sunday - great win. Hope the rugby doesnt take from the crowd on saturday, they deserve a big crowd to see them in action.

• Advertisement

For anyone looking to make a donation to the Limerick FC Shave or Dye for The Make A Wish Foundation, here is the link

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/limerickfc_shaveordye2013

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I think it would be good marketing to have a fan day in a game this season where admission is free. Itwould be a good move in increasing the fan base.

Can anyone tell me if the jerseys are good quality? Was thinking of getting one last season but saw some comments on facebook saying the crest peels off sometimes after a few washes?

Don't mind forking out for one but don't want it crumbling away on me.

magma69 wrote: »
    I think it would be good marketing to have a fan day in a game this season where admission is free. Itwould be a good move in increasing the fan base.

It would be too big a loss to the club to do that. You are talking about potential loss of earnings of between €25,000 - €30,000, then the rent of Thomond Park, Security etc… on top of that. It's something no LOI club can afford.
    Can anyone tell me if the jerseys are good quality? Was thinking of getting one last season but saw some comments on facebook saying the crest peels off sometimes after a few washes?

Don't mind forking out for one but don't want it crumbling away on me.

I have my jersey since Christmas 2011 and its still perfect. The sizes are small so go one or two sizes bigger if possible. I did hear of a few peeling alright in the beginning but the club told people to bringing them back in and they reprinted them. Haven't heard of it happening recently. The crest is stitched in so that definitely wouldn't peel. The shop was doing an offer of €40 for the jersey as a start of season promotion but I think that may be over now.

Jofspring wrote: »
    It would be too big a loss to the club to do that. You are talking about potential loss of earnings of between €25,000 - €30,000, then the rent of Thomond Park, Security etc… on top of that. It's something no LOI club can afford.

I have my jersey since Christmas 2011 and its still perfect. The sizes are small so go one or two sizes bigger if possible. I did hear of a few peeling alright in the beginning but the club told people to bringing them back in and they reprinted them. Haven't heard of it happening recently. The crest is stitched in so that definitely wouldn't peel. The shop was doing an offer of €40 for the jersey as a start of season promotion but I think that may be over now.

Thanks for that - will pick one up :)

I'm a lady so might go for the small ones, cheapest boob job ever :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Jofspring wrote: »

It's would be an investment by O'Sullivan. If it meant increasing the average attendance by a few hundred that money would be recouped in no time.

Are may people doing the full thing tomorrow, including the rugby match? Would be great to have a good crowd for the rugby and could lead to a record crowd for Limerick fc.

magma69 wrote: »
    It's would be an investment by O'Sullivan. If it meant increasing the average attendance by a few hundred that money would be recouped in no time.

The man has invested enough of his own money already. Letting people in for free might add maybe a few hundred to the gate of the next game and it might not. Way too big a risk financially.

• Advertisement

Are may people doing the full thing tomorrow, including the rugby match? Would be great to have a good crowd for the rugby and could lead to a record crowd for Limerick fc.

Not doing the full thing myself, it's good value but will be going to the ardhu for the Munster match.

President Michael D Higgins will be in attendance tomorrow night. Also the dugout bar will be open from 4:30pm for the Munster match.

Advertisement