Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

its like you're me jofspring. The ardhu then on to the soccer. I'd say a lot will do that

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

magma69 wrote: »
    It's would be an investment by O'Sullivan. If it meant increasing the average attendance by a few hundred that money would be recouped in no time.

You must live in some sort of fantasy land if you think the club would gain new regular fans by giving out "free samples' they already provide a good team, in the top tier of Irish soccer in a world class stadium and only charge a tenner for adults when the rest of the league charges e15, and people are still looking for it to be free? Only in Limerick

Iang87 wrote: »
    its like you're me jofspring. The ardhu then on to the soccer. I'd say a lot will do that

Your losing out on drinking time with all that walking, Dugout bar is open at 4.30 for all match ticket holders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

30-40 in the thomond suite, should be good for tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

dissapointing result tonight, we should have gone up before halftime and seemed to lose the initiave in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Neil Doyle, hang your head in shame. Clear as day Galbraith was hauled to the ground and no penalty?!?!? I could see from the other corner of the ground that he was brought down.

That said, we had enough chances regardless and need to be putting them away, especially against the bottom club when they're a man light for 82 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    You must live in some sort of fantasy land if you think the club would gain new regular fans by giving out "free samples' they already provide a good team, in the top tier of Irish soccer in a world class stadium and only charge a tenner for adults when the rest of the league charges e15, and people are still looking for it to be free? Only in Limerick

Could'nt have said it better myself. €10 in a top class venue is excellent value and I for one love going out there for the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Brennan told Galbraith after the game that it was a definite penalty. The ref was then questioned after the game and said their was contact alright but not enough for a penalty. I don't know how he can say that after booking Galbraith for diving. Baffling. We have now had two penalties not awarded because seemingly not enough contact and Galbraith booked and one awarded against us when a Pats player was slightly touched.

Stuart Taylor and club CEO John O'Sullivan provided a fantastic insite to the workings of the club on and off the field so far this year at a Q&A session ran by the Official Supporters Club in the Strand Hotel last night, one very important point made was that the estimated attendences were met so far this year. hopefully this can continue so to give Stuart a bigger playing budget in the future.

Limerick leading Derry 0-1 about 5 into the second half. Matching them well by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Jinxed that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Flip sake .... 2 late goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,798 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Limerick better team, Derry got lucky tonight and our last goal was offside.

Derry 2-1 FT.

Wasn't expecting much but two late goals is sickening.

Cork away Monday gives us a chance to bounce back immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Should be no problem for ye, we are absolutely **** at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

We lead Cork City 3-2 with just minutes remaining. Cork down to 10.
    Behan gave Cork an early lead.
    Fingers crossed for a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭jjjd

Game over! Limerick 3 Cork 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Fantastic travailing support, a lot of people I've never seen at a away game...reckon 200 of us there, could have been higher...some of ye were at it so maybe ye can give ye estimates too, as judging the size of crowds isn't one of my things

we are now 5th in the table which given that its our first year back in the top league is a great result to day. Just out of interest, at this stage last year where we were in the table position wise? we went onto win the league last year and I dont think at this stage we were top of the group, but maybe Im wrong?

banjobongo wrote: »
    we are now 5th in the table which given that its our first year back in the top league is a great result to day. Just out of interest, at this stage last year where we were in the table position wise? we went onto win the league last year and I dont think at this stage we were top of the group, but maybe Im wrong?

pretty sure we were playing catch-up on Longford and Waterford until late July, we were either 2nd or 3rd for definite

• Advertisement

thanks greengiant!

I cant make the match tonight so I will follow updates on the Extratime website. I guess no local radio station provides any live coverage of local Limerick FC games? If Im right, maybe they should now consider doing this seeing as are now 5th in the premier league in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I cant make the match tonight so I will follow updates on the Extratime website. I guess no local radio station provides any live coverage of local Limerick FC games? If Im right, maybe they should now consider doing this seeing as are now 5th in the premier league in Ireland?

http://www.live95fm.info/extra/

thanks CP.
    I see we are 1 down just before half time.....:(

extratime.ie and rte seem to be down, probably due to bad weather....last update seems to be 66 mins we were one goal down....so did we lose? - yes we lost one nill.

Possibly the most disappointing display of the season so far, certainly the most disappointing I've seen. Limerick never got going in the first half and only barely threatened in the second 45. Drogheda could have even won by more. Very sloppy goal given away too and hard to argue with Gamble being sent off.

Having said that, the weather was truly abominable, so I don't want to be too harsh on the players.

according to extratime.ie its one nill to Limerick and according to RTE website its 1 all, does anybody know the score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

according to extratime.ie its one nill to Limerick and according to RTE website its 1 all, does anybody know the score?

1-1 final score according to livescore. Missed opportunity with Drogheda losing to take 5th. Too many draws this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Aidric wrote: »
    1-1 final score according to livescore. Missed opportunity with Drogheda losing to take 5th. Too many draws this season.

we've got different aspirations, a few draws yes but any side coming up normally has a too many losses problem particularly with our largely new team who are still coming together. A very quick check back over the last few seasons and we're roughly 7-10 points off being safe from relegation.

With home gates averaging out between 1500-2000 and a side more than able to hold their own against any side in league of ireland home and away I'm happy with the too many draws problem

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »

Was at the match. UCD are a fine side, beating Derry and shams shows that. A draw was an ok result. I'll take any points going.

Match tonight by the way for anyone interested.

EA Sports Cup:

Limerick FC vs Waterford United, 7:45pm, Thomond Park.

Advertisement