Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving Factory CZ 452

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Sorry dev I've been looking there and can't find what model cz you have.

I just got rid of my lux model and looking at an American in the morning. Never mind I would of kept the lux only for the dropped stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 philbk

As the recent owner of a superbly accurate new CZ .17hmr I am amazed that the makers don't spend just a few euros to improve the factory triggers. If you can get a Yo Dave kit for 25 euros imagine how little it would cost in the factory to make similar improvements. My trigger is far too creepy for my liking and I am about to fit a Yo Dave kit. Threads on improving CZ triggers regularly come up so it seems to be a very common problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I have the style version with the silver barrel and synthetic stock.

IMAG0259.jpg
    IMAG0260.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Ah ye that's lovely I was actually gonna pick one of them up but the funds just won't allow me now. I need to pick something up cheap just to kept the license. Du you mind me asking what scope is on it. It looks big.

It's a Bushnell Banner 6-18x50. I think they are a great scope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

dev110 wrote: »
    It's a Bushnell Banner 6-18x50. I think they are a great scope!

You can't beat the Banners on the .22lr's

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

Over the weekend i managed to earn my self a Bronze Meadel shooting International Brenchrest Sporter with a score of 384 at Lough Bo at the NARPC.
    Shooting my lefthand cz452 with RWS R50.
    The first of many i hope :D

Fair play to you. I'm sorry I didn't enter the BR tbh.
    Were you getting caught with the wind or were you having verticals?

Fair play to you. I'm sorry I didn't enter the BR tbh.
    Were you getting caught with the wind or were you having verticals?

Wind was a big factor i had to keep re ajusting my crosshairs to the impacts but i managed to get a decient score while using a 6.5 power on my scope :)

Over the weekend i managed to earn my self a Bronze Medal shooting International Brenchrest Sporter with a score of 384 at Lough Bo at the NARPC.
    Shooting my lefthand cz452 with RWS R50.
    The first of many i hope :D
    Wind was a big factor i had to keep re ajusting my crosshairs to the impacts but i managed to get a decient score while using a 6.5 power on my scope :)

Hi CDB
    and you still never said 'Hello' :confused:

Good shooting under difficult conditions. :)

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    Hi CDB
    and you still never said 'Hello' :confused:

Good shooting under difficult conditions. :)

Sorry clive i spotted ya but forgot ta get talking to you :( how did ya get on over the weekend :)

Sorry clive i spotted ya but forgot ta get talking to you :( how did ya get on over the weekend :)

1 third n 2 fourths and a hangover. So not to bad. Have to try harder next time at the Phoenix comp. in a couple of weeks time.

clivej wrote: »
    1 third n 2 fourths and a hangover. So not to bad. Have to try harder next time at the Phoenix comp. in a couple of weeks time.

I will see you their, it's in Harber house?

I will see you their, it's in Harber house?

Yes AFAIK.

Personally for me I wouldn't keep dialing in the wind. On 6.5x it is hard enough to make sure the crosshairs are centered. I set up my scope for a wind condition and adjust by holding off from there.

If you want to get bigger into BR I'd suggest getting some wind flags. It's the only way you will be able to read the wind.

The CZ's are well capable of good scores though. Shot this card on Sunday last at the midlands in 15 minutes. Just wanted to dust off the cobwebs as I didn't shot at a BR card in ages. Managed a 232 - 4x with SK Standard Plus.

DSC_0190_zps54f38884.jpg

Thats a really good score :) well done dev.
    Well i'm now on the look out for a left hand Anschutz but will consider for a right hand version if none are avaiable :D

You planning on getting into LV or HV? Or are you getting another IS gun?

You planning on getting into LV or HV? Or are you getting another IS gun?

I would like to shoot IS and LV bit was chatting to the lads in hilltop over the phone and they weighed 1 rifle and weighed about 10 pounds and i have a hawk sidewinder 6x24x56 on the way so i don't know if i can qualify?

The weight limit for LV is 10.5 lbs IIRC and HV is 15 lbs I think.

With the rifle and scope you would probably be pushed into HV. I half playing with the idea of getting a HV rifle. Won't be till next year though unless I decide to start a winter project :)

Edit: Just seen your other thread. Looks like I have my weights wrong. Listen to Homerhop he will get you going on the right path.

Advertisement