Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurses

Options
  • 20-12-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the real world. The practice of hiring in staff at rates below existing workers has been going on in the private sector for years. Yes it is a way of driving down costs and when your employer is bankrupt, whats wrong with that?. IMHO you have been offered a mighty deal , Two years contract . In the private sector, the average time is 6 months. Go on the dole if you dont like it , or emigrate.When the Croke Park agreement runs out just watch the disgraceful pay rates tumble, that is assuming of course the negotiators (on behalf of Us -- the hard pressed private sector workers} show some moral courage and backbone . Remember , the world does NOT owe you a living so get on with it and stop whinging.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mountai wrote: »
    Welcome to the real world. The practice of hiring in staff at rates below existing workers has been going on in the private sector for years. Yes it is a way of driving down costs and when your employer is bankrupt, whats wrong with that?. IMHO you have been offered a mighty deal , Two years contract . In the private sector, the average time is 6 months. Go on the dole if you dont like it , or emigrate.When the Croke Park agreement runs out just watch the disgraceful pay rates tumble, that is assuming of course the negotiators (on behalf of Us -- the hard pressed private sector workers} show some moral courage and backbone . Remember , the world does NOT owe you a living so get on with it and stop whinging.

Sports -Horse Racing- Nurses -Reply to Thread

Someones on their high horse........
    Remember , the world does NOT owe you a living

Someday you may owe your living to a nurse however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

Nurses in a horse racing forum. Now that's an early stocking filler

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

As if Horse racing wasn't complicated enough.....

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

mikom wrote: »
    Home breadcrumb_divider.pngSports breadcrumb_divider.pngHorse Racing breadcrumb_divider.png Nurses breadcrumb_divider.png Reply to Thread

Someday you may owe your living to a nurse however.

I"ll never owe them my living --- maby my life ---- and isnt that what they are paid to do ---- Help save lives .

I"ll never owe them my living --- maby my life ---- and isnt that what they are paid to do ---- Help save lives .

maby.... you can get one to help you start your threads in the correct forum....... just maby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

mikom wrote: »
    maby.

.....theres a world where we dont have to run and maby (unless you're a horse?!) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Methinks someone had too much of the Christmas Spirit already:) Posting a rant about nurses on the Horse Racing forum:D:D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭BQQ

Please state if it's a tip or a fancy. :mad: :pac:

IBTL. Poor Urbansea doesn't need these headaches. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

My Mam said never to back a horse that didint look ya in the eye, twice.

Nurses, great bunch a lads.

Quickly, before this gets locked...someone give me a tip for tomorrow thats connected to the op. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Chucken wrote: »
    Quickly, before this gets locked...someone give me a tip for tomorrow thats connected to the op. :D

Nurse Dominatrix runs tomorrow.

Don't think this thread is for horse racing

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Nurse Dominatrix runs tomorrow.

Don't think this thread is for horse racing

Its a fate thread. I never bet on anything. I could be rich tomorrow thanks to the op ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 107 ✭✭big_joe_joyce

the new entrants are getting a raw deal but liam doran is a hypocrite , it was the unions who threw the young under the bus in order to protect salarys and pensions of senior staff

in this country , the old are prioritised ahead of the young at every level

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

Each way on Nurse Dominatrix sounds good :)

the new entrants are getting a raw deal but liam doran is a hypocrite , it was the unions who threw the young under the bus in order to protect salarys and pensions of senior staff

in this country , the old are prioritised ahead of the young at every level

Except where abortion is concerned.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

dont ya jusyt love when an op takes for granted you were there with them and saw everything and so knows exqctly what he's on about

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

Would you rather be nursed by a nurses who are happy in their employment and not looking for the escape route or would you prefer to be dealt with by a minimum wage nurse with a grievance after their lenghty training period.?

When those wonderful efficient people in the private sector like tradesmen etc start charging rates equal to the UK we might have some sympathy for them. hey still think they are operating in the Celtic Tiger rip em off days.

Dople might suit losers but any qualified nurse would be better off leaving this country and go where they will be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

or emigrate
    And this is what they do. But the government has copped on too late that they need nurses and doctors in the hospitals, so are now thinking of offering them a bonus. Nurses are great people; I've spent enough time in various hospitals to acknowledge this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Head off to Oz or somewhere they'll be appreciated.Feck the union and it's cowardly leader and the ignorant general public who'll moan about them til they actually need their help.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's a sign, a thread on nurses in the Racing forum with a reply by a dominatrix (themadchef - she'd bate you in the cot :pac: )

Defo a sign to back Nurse Dominatrix tomorrow!

• Advertisement

When suddenly Johnny gets the feeling he's being surrounded by
    nurses, nurses, nurses, nurses
    coming in in all directions
    white shining silver studs with their nose in flames,
    He saw nurses, nurses, nurses, nurses, nurses, nurses, nurses, nurses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Go to the liver unit in Vincent's or intensive care in Naas and then talk about nurses having pay cuts.

What a stupid government we have.

• Site Banned Posts: 107 ✭✭big_joe_joyce

Luca Brasi wrote: »
    Would you rather be nursed by a nurses who are happy in their employment and not looking for the escape route or would you prefer to be dealt with by a minimum wage nurse with a grievance after their lenghty training period.?

When those wonderful efficient people in the private sector like tradesmen etc start charging rates equal to the UK we might have some sympathy for them. hey still think they are operating in the Celtic Tiger rip em off days.

Dople might suit losers but any qualified nurse would be better off leaving this country and go where they will be appreciated.

wages for nurses in ireland are still around 15% ahead of the uk and were 30% ahead six years ago , wages for nurses are higher in australia but then again that country is booming

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

Sorry Sorry Sorry for posting in wrong forum. Could Mod please move to more suitable place. BTW hope to have a winner in Tips over Xmas!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

wages for nurses in ireland are still around 15% ahead of the uk and were 30% ahead six years ago , wages for nurses are higher in australia but then again that country is booming

If you are talking about what the OP is talking about, then its not correct.

Starting wage for Nurse in the NHS: over £21,000

Starting wage for Nurse in HSE on original contract when converted to Sterling (using xe.com) is : £21,476

Starting wage for Nurse on this crap bullsh*t from the slug Reilly when converted: £17,000

IF there are 15% differences, its due to the vast number of managers still classed as Nurses, but no longer do any nursing, some of these managers are on 50,000 a year heavily influencing "average" pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

What's going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Young Irish girl decides what will she do with her life??... business, commerce, catering or perhaps airhostess,,,.... nah she said 'I'll dedicate my life and studies to helping the sick, disabled and elderly'....... looks like she picked the wrong country and public.........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I love nurses, I wish I had my own.
    I'd feed her and pet her and brush her hair and walk her every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Every one of these new nursing positions will be filled regardless of what Liam Doran says.

I think they should start on the same money as existing nurses but i think the allowances should be done away with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

The public sector are going to have to get used to this because we just don't have the cash anymore.

Advertisement