Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yola Website

Options
  • 20-12-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I made a site for a small business that wants to be found on google. If we pay the $5.00 a month and get rid of the www.joebloggs.yola.com will it show up??

It's for a small bike shop in a small town, so when someone enters... "small town" bike shop into google we need the site to appear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Blindside87

Yeah it would help.

could you make the site on wordpress?

Ideally you'd like it setup like this:

www.yourdomainname.ie/main-keyword

If you want to send on the link I will have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Google places is a great one for you - sign up and put yourself on the map!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it. I'm not familiar with website design, just looking to make something very simple. Not a full site just a calling card if you know what I mean?

Here's the page that we're looking to promote but I don't really understand whats needed to make it show up on google.

http://wallscycles.yolasite.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

In general putting your business website on someone else's domain is a bad idea, (you have little or no rights to it).
    For not much more money you can get your own domain name and hosting.
    You also get email addresses e.g. fred@wallscycles.ie sales@wallscycles etc.
    I have sent pm with more details.
    Having you own domain is good, bit remember to promote it, use Google get on maps, places etc. use Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Sitec,

In short a free site like that is a waste of time.

You offer a professional service cycles / Lawnmoors etc (I'm from KK so know the shop) so your website should at least reflect this.

Just like you would not recommend someone to use a second rate mechanic or diy something they don't understand I suggest you take the same approach with your website.

Get someone professional , experienced and understands your business to build you a website.

Prices can vary but price high or low does not indicate value or quality.

If you take any of my advice stop using free services like yola / wixx / blogger etc to promote a professional business.

Adrian

• Advertisement
Advertisement