Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank transfer ptsb to aib

Options
  • 20-12-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi, I did a bank transfer online from ptsb to aib last night and hasn't gone through yet. How long does it usually take to come through on the other end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Breaker19

Would be very surprised if its not in your aib account in the morning. Not unusual to take a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Thanks. Just worried that I got some part of the details incorrect. left my bank (ptsb) last night and hasn't arrived in the aib account of the other party yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,334 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

As far as I know they still claim that it can (i.e. does) take three working days for money to appear at the other end.

Since it's all electronic I'm highly sceptical of this - they have the use of the money for interest-earning purposes for that time - and I'm open to correction if anyone knows better - but that's as I understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Normally, if paid before 3.30pm or so it'll be the next day. If you only paid it last night, then today is the first "working day" so tomorrow is that "next day"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,334 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Normally, if paid before 3.30pm or so it'll be the next day. If you only paid it last night, then today is the first "working day" so tomorrow is that "next day"

Is that not when the transfer is to an account in the same bank? I thought it took longer for inter-bank transfers.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is that not when the transfer is to an account in the same bank? I thought it took longer for inter-bank transfers.....

All transfer within ROI should be 1 working day now. Actually for all payments within EU it should be one day now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

It has taken 5 with PTSB for me.

Probably faster at other times

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

foxy06 wrote: »
    Hi, I did a bank transfer online from ptsb to aib last night and hasn't gone through yet. How long does it usually take to come through on the other end?

Last night still counted as bank holiday, should hit aib account overnight/tomorrow morning.

Advertisement