Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 Pet Peeves

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Where is Paidi Og's

It's the old Shanty pub in Mulhuddart Village, just at the River Tolka bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

manster wrote: »
    Road closures around Phoenix Park on weekends. Usually marathons when we can't drive into Chapelizod from Castleknock. Also last weekend Lucan was closed so when you come off the N4 after Woodies you had to divert. A few signs wouldn't go amiss.

/rant over

I don't mind them closing it. But better signage would definitely help.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

daymobrew wrote: »
    Litter.
    Glass is not collected by recycling companies as it would need another bin. You cannot put glass in with other stuff because broken glass would "contaminate" the rest of the bin (this is the reason a recycling company gave me many years ago).

Not quite true. My parents are in Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown and use Panda. They take glass in the regular green bin and have done for several years. I'm with Panda in Fingal and they don't. Go figure. :confused:
    Omackeral wrote: »
    This is very trivial, granted, but there's something getting my goat up every time I pass it. An advertising/promo billboard outside Paidi Og's aka The Shanty pub that reads

"Were The Fun People Go"

Sorry but if you're going to splash out on something like that, please get the spelling correct!

Saw a sign outside a shop in town today offering Brizilian Waxing. If I were a woman I'm not sure I'd trust them to come near me with hot wax if they can't even spell what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Omackeral wrote: »
    This is very trivial, granted, but there's something getting my goat up every time I pass it. An advertising/promo billboard outside Paidi Og's aka The Shanty pub that reads

"Were The Fun People Go"

Sorry but if you're going to splash out on something like that, please get the spelling correct!

I lolled today at the clamp on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's so people can't rob it :p they have one on the sign up at Lidl in the car park too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

beauf wrote: »
    I don't mind them closing it. But better signage would definitely help.
    There is generally a sign on the entrance gates e.g. there were signs on the Castleknock and Chapelizod gates last week for the DSPCA Dog Walk that closes Ordnance Survey Road last Saturday. They are hard to read as you drive into the Phoenix Park.

There is a walk on today (Oct 6) closing some stuff until 12:30.
    They list the forthcoming events on the Phoenix Park in the 'News & Events' column.

The old hospital entrance from Blanch village being gated off is very annoying! Can anyone shed light on why this is the case? I know the N3 entrance is great and bright and accessible but what was the harm in having the original (ie the one near The Vineyard) one also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Was used as short cut for commuters. Caused traffic jams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

A bar-code or similar option for long term patients ala the staff one would be best, then those using it most of the time wont be put out on top of having the illness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

What is it with idiots who seem to think putting on their hazzard lights means they can park anywhere? One prime example was the very small parking lot at the Aldi in Mulhuddart, they parked oppside the door beside parked cars and blocked anyone leaving, the same type idiot in Mulhuddard Village outside the Spar.

Find a safe place to park and walk the few yards into the shop ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've been visiting the centre a couple of times a week, sometimes more often, for the last few months and an increasing amount of people are driving the wrong way around the multi-storey car park. It's not just the people who spot a space slightly to the left when they get to the top of the ramp because I've met people driving the wrong way when I've turned the corner to get to the down ramps. Then you get the people who turn left when they get to the top of the ramp only to be met by someone going the correct way and then they have nowhere to go because a queue has built up on the ramp behind them. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

The fact its just one road in & out of Littlepace & adjoining estates. Recent road works show the folly of this...........

There used to be a way through Linnetsfield/Castaheany actually that popped out at the Paddocks but they closed it off a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

the legends who abandon their cars outside the door of the Topaz in Hartstown blocking the cars who are looking to get off the fore court. But god help you if you beep your horn, I witnessed one poor man (oldish) get the head taken off him by a young one who got her licence in a cornflakes box given the way she drove out afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

People who have two cars the problem is their driveway can only accommodate one car are the other is blocking the footpath!

robertxxx wrote: »
    People who have two cars the problem is their driveway can only accommodate one car are the other is blocking the footpath!
    I see lots of driveways that can accommodate two cars but people still park the second car on the footpath because it would be such a massive deal to move the cars around if they were both in the driveway. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

robertxxx wrote: »
    It always amazes me as to why drivers simply abandon their car's on the pathway, nose into their driveway. When they could simply parallel park across the entrance of their own driveway on the road.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    It always amazes me as to why drivers simply abandon their cars on the pathway, nose into their driveway. When they could simply parallel park across the entrance of their own driveway on the road.
    I guess that they try to keep the road as clear as possible without considering the impact on pedestrians. They simply don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I have to admit. I do that.
    People constantly parking at the front of my house leaving me nowhere else to go.

Our neighbors the last few months have decided to park outside day and night and then her friends arrive and do the nose in the drive car on the path effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

There's an off duty taxi that always parks right in front of a footpath end ramp in my neighbourhood which means you always have to walk across mucky grass to walk onto or off the path. God help you if you're a wheelchair user or have a buggy!

I have to admit. I do that.
    People constantly parking at the front of my house leaving me nowhere else to go.
    You could park a little further from your house. When I have a few visitors I will move my car to an unreserved parking bay 30 yards from my house (though numerous people will park on a footpath opposite such a parking bay instead of in the parking bay :rolleyes: ).

Rant (not directed at Ed Winchester): It is so often that I see mothers with buggies trying to manage the buggy and a faster moving child around (illegally parked) cars on footpaths. The clue is in the name FOOTpath. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

In my defence, i've a long enough driveway that its only the back of my car that sticks out. While people do have to go round the back of the car, they don't have to go on to grass or the road.

Maybe i shouldn't be so lazy though and park the car further up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Drove up the N3 on Saturday at about 12:30pm came off the Mulhuddart exit to go to Blanch. center.

The off ramp lights changed 3 times and we didnt move once. Ended up going left into Mulhuddart village and around through Whitestown.

Is it always this bad when busy?

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Drove up the N3 on Saturday at about 12:30pm came off the Mulhuddart exit to go to Blanch. center.

The off ramp lights changed 3 times and we didnt move once. Ended up going left into Mulhuddart village and around through Whitestown.

Is it always this bad when busy?

Timing is still badly off on those lights, you get a green to go straight into a red, I suppose a lot can be said of most traffic lights in Ireland.

jeffk wrote: »
    Timing is still badly off on those lights, you get a green to go straight into a red, I suppose a lot can be said of most traffic lights in Ireland.

Yeah I never really go that way as I had heard it was bad. Had to pick someone up so had no choice. Would hate to see what its like at Xmas when its proper busy and they don't change it.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Yeah I never really go that way as I had heard it was bad. Had to pick someone up so had no choice. Would hate to see what its like at Xmas when its proper busy and they don't change it.

It is bad,but then people probably still use the lotto roundabout where if you chance it your out fast,whereas the lights your out at set intervals or well that's the idea.

You could always come off at the exit before it,turn right and straight all the way trough Mulhuddart village.

Yeah xmas is going to be mental and the real test of how good or bad the set up is, was there yesterday and people where breaking red lights so they could be one more car to get out.

Ha ha I generally avoid Blanch center at the weekends and if I go there I go on a Saturday morning at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My post from July last on the thread about it. I swear my old blind labrador would have seen these problems arising with it, pure stupidity.

'Final layout

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Files/Roads...ionUpgrade.pdf

Just looking at it for the first time in detail, its going to be a mess. There is no stacking capacity for the levels of Saturday peak traffic coming off the N3 eastbound onto the off ramp and up to the new traffic lights. If the traffic is going to the Centre, it has to turn right, reach another set of lights and turn right again before crossing the overbridge to the back the retail park. The distance between these junctions is too close to allow for some of the massive peak traffic you see at weekends and especially pre-Christmas. Also, the off-ramp is going to be a good bit shorter than it is even now, so reducing queueing space. Even if you gave that route all the green light time you would back up the other approaches and cause a jam the other way. They should have made it all one free flow set-up, not a half way house.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It was mental last Bank Holiday Monday anyway!

Advertisement