Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction received form Shooting Forum

Options
  • 20-12-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi I received an Infraction for a post on the shooting forum, the post was a link to an article on the NRAI website, I have tried to resolve this with the mods to no avail, I hope you can help.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I've had a quick look at this

Could you please confirm the facts are as follows:

1. You made a post in the Target Shooting Forum
    2. A Mod deleted that post and PM'd you to instruct you not to re-post it until you were informed by a Mod that it was OK to do so
    3. You ignored that instruction and reposted the same information before a Mod gave you permission to do so
    4. You received a red card for ignoring the Mod instruction

Is that a fair summary of events?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hollywood rose

Not entirely,
    I started a thread with a link to on the website www.nrai.ie,
    This thread was moved and incorporated into another thread, no reason was given,
    This thread was deleted in its entirety, no reason was given,
    I re-posted this link on a new thread, shortly thereafter this thread was deleted by Dev11o and I received the following reason, (Your post has been temporarily removed due to an issue which has arisen about discussing issues relating to F-Class/NRAI/MSNCI)
    As my post related to a link on the NRAI website I contacted them, they duly informed me that they had no problem with me or anyone else linking to articles already published on the NRAI website.
    I mentioned this in my reply to Dev11o,
    When reposted the link I received a pm from Sparks that my post had been removed and an infraction issued against me,
    I tried to resolve this issue with Sparks but was instead passed on to Cass, who’s response was I felt a little strong for a first time offender,
    I feel the issue here is not that I reposted the link, I obtained permission from the website owners to post the link, both the post and the article on the website are inoffensive. I have been asking the mods why posting this link is such a problem when the website operators and article authors have no problem with it, I would ask that you contact the NRAI to verify that I have their permission to post this link.

Yours Respectfully,
    Hollywood Rose

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You ignored a Mod instruction. The background of what you were posting and why the mods instructed you to await their further instructions is not relevant to this appeal.

The red card was justified, and therefore I am upholding it

You may request an Admin to review this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement