Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from after hours for two days...

Options
  • 20-12-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭

Was posting in the An Post 1.75M Fraudster thread and another user replies back to me with:
    Do you come from a disadvantaged background? Are you on cough medicine or other drugs?

A rather rude & abusive thing to say to someone randomly. So I reply with "ahhh get lost you fool :rolleyes:" - the mod stupid-rush decides to then ban me for two days for "personal abuse" - doesnt say or do anything to the other user.

But what about the original remark? :confused: If "get lost you fool" is classed as "abusive" how is the other not? ... if i tell someone to fuck off. then that user gets back saying "fuck you too" but they get banned, is kinda messed up.

So hence the thread. I think stupid-rush was being bias or just not reading the whole thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You were banned for personal abuse. That is fair and in accordance with forum and site rules. Report the poster that abused you and the mods will deal with that separately.

In the meantime you have abused one of our mods twice so please retract the pettiness or I will have to remove you from the site for a while. I understand your frustration but please do retract the insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

r3nu4l wrote: »
    You were banned for personal abuse. That is fair and in accordance with forum and site rules. Report the poster that abused you and the mods will deal with that separately.

In the meantime you have abused one of our mods twice so please retract the pettiness or I will have to remove you from the site for a while. I understand your frustration but please do retract the insult.

retract what insult? :confused:

Wait, you DO realise super-rush changed his name to stupid-rush, right?

Stupid-Rush

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well I guess this can be closed :) .... I took the two days.

But it's funny. My point was that I believe stupid-rush made a mistake. But r3nu4l also then made a mistake too. Thinking i was insulting a mod on here (as he thought I was naming super-rush, stupid-rush with insult) without first checking out the facts. But of course still threatening me with a "time out" (aka further ban) whilst being ignorant.

You have to laugh don't you :pac:
    The forum is called "Dispute Resolution" - yet the guys in charge of things arent even checking the facts :pac:

I also love how r3nu4l never got back to my post when I pointed out that I wasn't insulting ;) He replied 9 mins after my original post but some how seemingly overlooked my clarifying reply ;)

Lock away (Or should I expect a reply by r3nu4l 'saving face' before that) ;) )

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I won't speak for r3nu4l, but the ban was justified. You don't get to use personal abuse even in retaliation to what you perceive to be an abusive post. In fact, opening a dispute resolution thread to argue about a two-day ban for what was clearly an abusive post is heading into nuisance territory.

In future, think twice before challenging a lenient ban that was self-evidently deserved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement