Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early school leaver looking to get qualification

Options
  • 20-12-2012 11:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Many moons again I left school at 16 to persue an apprienticeship. Now though with things as they are I was thinking of maybe doing a college course in maybe something like book keeping or accountancy in Dorset St College. Do you normally need your leaving cert for this? Or as a mature student could I pay the €3k a year fees and study whatever.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are you available to do your course during the day, or do you need a part-time course?

If you contact the Adult Education section of your local VEC they will have a range of courses in all sorts of topics. The fees for their courses will be very small in comparison to private colleges like Dorset.

You can enter many PLC courses without a Leaving Cert..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

What's a VEC? Sorry if I'm being thick here!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Your local vec should have an adult education adviser who could sit down and give you advice. If you live in Dublin city centre then cdvec is your local vec

www.cdvec.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Super, thank you :)

Advertisement