Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places to study

• 21-12-2012 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I want some good libraries or other places to study family are staying ver during christmas and when there there i wont get much done so i wanna have a good outside space any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Well you could start by telling us where you live so people near you can help you :)

Libraries are your best bet, some are busy but some are really quiet so chose the one you prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 andreafarrell

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Well you could start by telling us where you live so people near you can help you :)

Libraries are your best bet, some are busy but some are really quiet so chose the one you prefer

I live near terenure in dublin lol sorry forgot that part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Personally libraries never worked for me...could never get comfy to really knuckle down...but if it works for you go for it...honestly for me it can be any place as long as it's quiet and comfy...my study place for the LC was my bed would you believe...no table or a bit just planted on my bed...worked really well I think as 1. I got more points than I needed and 2. I studied for my pre's in a designated study room in my house that was quiet, nice atmosphere and had plenty space but i couldn't get comfy...I failed 2 subjects in my micks. Now my study area wasn't fully to blame but I know it definitely affected my abilities to comprehend and retain information...

So yeah anywhere quiet and comfortable should work....I had a similar situation to yours at one stage last year and ended up studying for a whole weekend in my Dad's car and it worked great for me..

Just find out what you need to study effectively and then go from there...

Best of luck with the study and the exams in 2013 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Personally libraries never worked for me...could never get comfy to really knuckle down...but if it works for you go for it...honestly for me it can be any place as long as it's quiet and comfy...my study place for the LC was my bed would you believe...no table or a bit just planted on my bed...worked really well I think as 1. I got more points than I needed and 2. I studied for my pre's in a designated study room in my house that was quiet, nice atmosphere and had plenty space but i couldn't get comfy...I failed 2 subjects in my micks. Now my study area wasn't fully to blame but I know it definitely affected my abilities to comprehend and retain information...

So yeah anywhere quiet and comfortable should work....I had a similar situation to yours at one stage last year and ended up studying for a whole weekend in my Dad's car and it worked great for me..

Just find out what you need to study effectively and then go from there...

Best of luck with the study and the exams in 2013 :D
    I find I study better on my bed as well instead of a well lit table etc. or on a Sunday in front of a fire on a bean bag .. Sounds too comfy but I find it brilliant :)

Advertisement