Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballybrack

Options
  • 21-12-2012 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Still doing my scouting of various locations to live in Dublin when i return.

I see some decent looking houses in the ballybrack area for sub 300K ..how is it to live there.

The good points look like

it is close to Killiney hill and beach ..also close to the dart or is that a real hike.

looking at church road and oakton green ..daleview

how are the schools in the area..i have an 18 month old boy ..

What are the secondary option non fee paying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Church Road and Oakton Green are fine. Daleview is ok but you get a lot of people walking through the area. There are lots of Primary schools in the area, St Johns is not even a minutes walk from Oakton Green. In terms of secondary schools avoid St Laurence's. Although saying that, they could turn things around by 10 years or so.

The only places in Ballybrack that I would avoid would be "The Courts" area such as Cypress Court, Cedar Court, Inagh Court, Ennel Court and the 3 story house areas. Cromlech Fields and Loughlinstown are full of feral kids, stay well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rocketed

thanks for info ...how easy is it to get to the killiney dart station

i assume in theory you can also link up with the luas relatively easily ..is cherrywood or brides glen closer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

It's pretty much 50/50 to the Luas. You are handy for the no 7 bus as well.

There is a couple of places in Dalkey and Killiney for that sort price as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rocketed

You mean both luas stations are a similar distance away ?

How long to the dart walking for example from oakton ?

i am not aware of any house with 3 beds and gardens available for similar price in dalkey or killiney but i would love to be enlightened.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

rocketed wrote: »
    You mean both luas stations are a similar distance away ?

How long to the dart walking for example from oakton ?

i am not aware of any house with 3 beds and gardens available for similar price in dalkey or killiney but i would love to be enlightened.

thanks

From Oakton it is probably a 15 to 20 minute walk to the Dart, 5 minutes less from Daleview because you have to walk that way.

The Luas stops are about equal distance from the Cherrywood roundabout, with maybe Brides glen a tad closer, so there isn't much in it.

Oakton Green is nice, I can't believe they are only that price, they were changing hands for more than twice that at the peak.

If you want a three bed, then that is very good value and a pretty decent area. I know a couple of people that live in Oakton Green and Oakton Park and they like it. There was a bit of trouble a while back with teenagers hanging around making a bit of a nuisance of themselves, but that has been cleared up.

The school that house is next to is meant to be good as well, although I don't know anyone who has kids there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement