Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't show caller ID on new iPhone 5

Options
  • 21-12-2012 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I understand thus actually happens a lot believe it or not. Can someone from Vodafone pm me so I can sort it out please asap. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the name doesn't show when someone is calling you, it's nothing to do with your carrier.

If the number shows but not the name, the reason is usually because you have the same number stored twice.

If even the number doesn't show, that's because the person calling you has elected to block their number, again nothing to do with the carrier. Well technically it is but it's the choice of the person calling you so you can't expect Vodafone to fix the problem for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Michellefinn

All of my family are unknown when calling my phone even though I have stored all of their numbers and their phones all show their caller id. I can't understand it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Check that you didn't import the names twice, it's possible that you did and that you now have people duplicated as (e.g.) 'Murphy, Mary' and 'Mary Murphy'. If the same number appears against two entries, the phone will take the safe option and not show either name when that number calls you.

It doesn't matter what comes up on your families phones.

Can you check the following with a friend or family member....

1. Ask them to call you, verify that at least their number comes up on your phone. If neither their name or number appears, they are blocking outgoing caller ID and will need to enable it. Manually they can do this either via a menu option (for all outgoing calls) or on a once-off basis by prefixing your number with *31#

2. If their number comes up but not the name, now retrieve their entry in your phone book and call them. Verify that their phone rings and it doesn't matter if your name shows on their phone or not, only that you have dialled the correct number.

3. If their phone rang, now delete their entry in your phone book and manually dial their number. Does their name appear in your display? If it does, it means that you had duplicate entries. Now ask them to call you back, their name should now appear on your display.

Advertisement