Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capcom survey... should fill out if you want more Street fighter!

Options
  • 21-12-2012 2:51am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you're interested in Capcom fighters you might want to register your interest here.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/sven/blog/2012/12/20/we-need-your-input

A new version of SF4, SFA and SF2 are among those mentioned if you click yes to SF being one of your favourite franchises.

Seeing as this is research for capcom's future, probably best to register your interest...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

That was an interesting survey. I hope Capcom pays attention to it because I really want a remake or a reboot of the Alpha series.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I be interested in a updated AE, SF5 or a new Alpha game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I would definitely like another Alpha.
    Wouldn't really care about any more HD Remixes. SF2HDR was a nice idea/experiment, but Alpha 2-3 (the ones actually worth playing) are waaaay too big to go through that process and look great already.

Interesting that Rival Schools and Power Stones got a mention there. I'd love an online enabled Power Stones 1 and 2.

EDIT: Also, no PN03. Sad Sairus.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd like any SF, tbh, as long as it's new SF.

I'm not excited about online editions or remixes, I miss the buzz of the discussion about changes in a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

I'm not sure if this survey affects the SF franchise, it's clearly stated in the blog post that they're referring to digital games, not retail. So I don't think this affects the progression of the SF series (i.e.: regardless of the survey, Capcom may choose or not choose to make SF5). I'd like an HD remake of the Onimusha series but I think that'll come down to a retail release if it'll happen since most HD collections are retail releases.

I think Capcom's best bet is a reboot the Alpha series onto XBL. PSN already have the PS1 releases but they were sooo slow compared to the arcade port. What I would pay for without any hesitation is a digital release of SFA3 MAX. I know many prefer Alpha 2 over 3 but I personally prefer the high speed action of Alpha 3.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if this survey affects the SF franchise, it's clearly stated in the blog post that they're referring to digital games, not retail. So I don't think this affects the progression of the SF series (i.e.: regardless of the survey, Capcom may choose or not choose to make SF5). I'd like an HD remake of the Onimusha series but I think that'll come down to a retail release if it'll happen since most HD collections are retail releases.

I think Capcom's best bet is a reboot the Alpha series onto XBL. PSN already have the PS1 releases but they were sooo slow compared to the arcade port. What I would pay for without any hesitation is a digital release of SFA3 MAX. I know many prefer Alpha 2 over 3 but I personally prefer the high speed action of Alpha 3.

If you'd taken it you'd have noticed there's a specific question about a new version of AE, new version of alpha, et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

A New Street Fighter Alpha HD

Oooooh...
    (using Alpha 3 as a base + new characters)

Hmmmmm, I'd rather use A2 as a base and add A3 Max's character roster, but this will do nicely.

If you'd taken it you'd have noticed there's a specific question about a new version of AE, new version of alpha, et al.

I did take the survey and I did notice the question on AE ;) but I'm not sure why they've included any mention of AE since AE is already a full blown HD game and there are already digital versions of it on PSN, XBL and Steam/Origin. Doesn't make sense that they would ask about digital games when there is already digital releases for the titles they're asking about :confused:
    Ok guys, we're putting out a survey to the public to see what you guys think about what we should be doing in the digital game space (not retail).
    Obviously, we have many opinions internally and we're looking to gather some data about your buying habits and what franchises and even title types, you'd like us to make in the future.
    So that end, I've been allowed to share this survey with all of you. The survey will only take a few minutes of your time and it's a great opportunity to let your voices be heard directly.
    There's no guarantees on what the outcomes will be, but I promise you, this data will be a factor in our decision making process. I'll be compiling the data in about a week (closing just after Christmas) and sharing the results internally with Japan before the end of the year.
    Thanks in advance and have a happy holiday. :)
    Go to the survey.

I did take the survey and I did notice the question on AE ;) but I'm not sure why they've included any mention of AE since AE is already a full blown HD game and there are already digital versions of it on PSN, XBL and Steam/Origin. Doesn't make sense that they would ask about digital games when there is already digital releases for the titles they're asking about :confused:

Because they specifically point out they might make new digital only versions of the game. I personally would pay for a 2013 version of AE, digital or not.

I wouldn't pay to have my game patched. I'd only pay if there was actually new features (new characters, new stages, ultra 3 etc.) as was with AE itself. As with the 2012 update, that was free so why would they start charging people to have a game patched to the latest version? If Capcom did that, I would never buy a Capcom game again and I think many others wouldn't pay for a 2013 patch. It's bad enough as it is that you have to pay for gem packs on XBL/PSN for SFxT so Capcom would be complete fools to charge for a game update.

• Advertisement

...ok, why are you assuming there wouldn't be any new characters? :confused:

Because the 2012 update didn't include any new characters :) so a 2013 update would logically only include bug fixes or balance changes. For new characters, I would assume it be a new form of release like AE Ultra-edition

Because the 2012 update didn't include any new characters :) so a 2013 update would logically only include bug fixes or balance changes. For new characters, I would assume it be a new form of release like AE Ultra-edition

Or, perhaps, like AE, which was a patch with new characters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Couldn't vote for UMVC3 update:(

Or, perhaps, like AE, which was a patch with new characters!

...Yeah, that was the whole point when I said AE Ultra edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Did it on Resident Evil and Street Fighter.

Would love a new Alpha or a remake of a current Alpha game.

AE 2013 please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Filled it out... New Alpha title would be awesome.

No mention of Knights Of The Round. Damn I want an arcade port of that game badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The proposed Alpha title would just be like Hyper Street Fighter Alpha from the Alpha Anthology, no?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    The proposed Alpha title would just be like Hyper Street Fighter Alpha from the Alpha Anthology, no?

Hopefully because that would be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I imagine it'd be more like the current bundle games. Alpha 2 and 3 packaged together with trials, unlockable art galleries, net code, etc.

Hyper Alpha was a deliberate mess :pac:
    Fun though!

• Advertisement

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/dec/22/yoshinori-ono-has-interesting-working-street-fighter-alpha-series-again/

This isn't a whole lot to do with the survey but Ono is saying that he has an interest in doing something with the alpha series.

Advertisement