Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have a different standpoint. Heckle me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Merry Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Not sure what to make of your post tbh.
    But it does sound like you are in a bit of a dark place?
    Anyone you can talk to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

What's your problem with the "You're not alone for Christmas thread?" There are a lot of people depressed this time of year and that might help someone. So fcuk you very much if you can't see the benefit of it.

Regards the rest...meh. If you don't wanna have fun at Christmas then don't. But let those who want to have theirs. No need to start threads talking about Christmas, just avoid those that do.

Do you really have nothing better to do at 5 am than complain about Christmas on a forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Go home OP, you're drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

OP, before this thread inevitably gets locked, a word of wisdom:
    Mods on boards.ie are like Blackjack. Nobody really understands how it actually works, and if they did, they wouldn't play it in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Smidge wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of your post tbh.
    But it does sound like you are in a bit of a dark place?
    Anyone you can talk to?

Would i repost if i did?
    Keno 92 wrote: »
    Merry Christmas.
    Ha ha ****off
    Go home OP, you're drunk.
    I wish you dead
    What's your problem with the "You're not alone for Christmas thread?" There are a lot of people depressed this time of year and that might help someone. So fcuk you very much if you can't see the benefit of it.

Regards the rest...meh. If you don't wanna have fun at Christmas then don't. But let those who want to have theirs. No need to start threads talking about Christmas, just avoid those that do.

Do you really have nothing better to do at 5 am than complain about Christmas on a forum?
    Read above ****face.

That's nice, I wonder will you get a warning or a ban for that :) Hope you have a nice Holiday season.

That's nice, I wonder will you get a warning or a ban for that :) Hope you have a nice Holiday season.

Probably best not to bait:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

dMaN24 wrote: »
    I posted this a few hours ago.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82321575

I received a "chin up, you will have kids soon" and my thread locked "for review"

In the same category we have "You are not alone this Christmas."

I could be dead by now. ****. What's stopping me. I have a perfect lock up here:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=lock+suir+road&aq=f&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D5&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

One swan dive and all you need is your ****ing r.i.p.

Look you are not helping yourself posting this crap, if you don't like christmas good and well.
    It will all seem better in the cold light of day. Sleep it off and take care.

Keno 92, Indubitable and minidazzler.

I dare you to go through the **** i've gone through.

Before that you have zero response
    Oh of course i forgot.
    You "liked" some post regarding suicide so yiz are all good. Then you signed something.
    Whoop de ****ing doo!

• Advertisement

Keno 92, Indubitable and minidazzler.

I dare you to go through the **** i've gone through.

Before that you have zero response
    Oh of course i forgot.
    You "liked" some post regarding suicide so yiz are all good. Then you signed something.
    Whoop de ****ing doo!

Remember now, that you have no clue about what we have gone through either.

That said, go here and post. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

It's helped me and many other posters in the past.

What THE **** d i care about some ****ing forum full of kiss asses if i jump into the nearest lock?

**** YOU FOR CARING! DROWN YOURSELF AND SEE HOW I FEEL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

And a Happy New Year.

What THE **** d i care about some ****ing forum full of kiss asses if i jump into the nearest lock?

**** YOU FOR CARING! DROWN YOURSELF AND SEE HOW I FEEL.

Why are you so angry?

Remember now, that you have no clue about what we have gone through either.

That said, go here and post. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

It's helped me and many other posters in the past.

It helped you. Then WHYTHE**** are people treating me like this is a drunk think?

WELL??

I'm 5 minutes away from a lock. 2 secs away from a knife yet people tell me to "sleep it off"

**** you all.

Why are you so angry?

NO ONE LISTENS.

It helped you. Then WHYTHE**** are people treating me like this is a drunk think?

WELL??

I'm 5 minutes away from a lock. 2 secs away from a knife yet people tell me to "sleep it off"

**** you all.

Are you serious?
    Or acting the maggot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

WELL??

**** you all.

In before the Lock......

NO ONE LISTENS.

There is always someone who listens, maybe you just shouldn't shout.

People have to listen harder when you speak quietly

Are you serious?
    Or acting the maggot?

In time you will know.

• Advertisement

WELL??

**** you all.

You know we cannot help you and trying to make us feel guilty is not fair. I understand you have problems right now but there is nothing we can do to help you.
    No matter what anyone says now you will take it the wrong way. Can we talk about the problem?

In before the Lock......

FuQ U

In time you will know.

Well actually I may not know as we are just "internet people" but if yours is a genuine ask for help, fine.

If not...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

If you're that bad dude, I'm off work in 3 hours and live in D8. I've got a bag of weed, smoked salmon and Trading Places on DVD. If that doesn't get the Christmas cheer going then nothing will...

There is always someone who listens, maybe you just shouldn't shout.

People have to listen harder when you speak quietly

I have heard whispers from friends. I have heard screams. Still they took their own lifes. How should i express myself when people ridicule me?

HondaSami wrote: »
    You know we cannot help you and trying to make us feel guilty is not fair. I understand you have problems right now but there is nothing we can do to help you.
    No matter what anyone says now you will take it the wrong way. Can we talk about the problem?

I agree Sami
    No point in anyone losing the plot if we don't actually know what the plot is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

If you want to vent about christmas:

A good place to vent is the "Ranting and Raving" forum here on boards. It's designed purely to vent, and nobody can post against your venting argument, only can post if they agree with your frustration. They would have to set up their own counter argument thread if they wished. It does obviously have some topics which are not allowed but not liking christmas would probably be allowed.

As far as I know you just have to ask some moderator for permission to access it, I can access it but that's because I got in there before it got made a private forum.

If you want to discuss more serious bad feelings the Personal Issues forum is very good although they will lock a thread if you mention suicide on it.
    If you are feeling down maybe one of the links in that "alone at christmas" thread might be able to help you?

WELL??

**** you all.

Because sleeping it off is probably the best thing you can do. Because it's taking the middle road of not making a decision.

And I'm treating you like you're drunk because you do appear to be drunk.

No one here can really help you at this time, we aren't there to try, and we aren't trained.

1850 60 90 90

That's the number for the Samaritans. Ring them, they really do know what they are talking about.

latenia wrote: »
    If you're that bad dude, I'm off work in 3 hours and live in D8. I've got a bag of weed, smoked salmon and Trading Places on DVD. If that doesn't get the Christmas cheer going then nothing will...

Trading places. Smoked salmon. You i like.
    I could bring tea.

• Advertisement

I have heard whispers from friends. I have heard screams. Still they took their own lifes. How should i express myself when people ridicule me?

Suicide is a very real thing for a lot of people on Boards(myself included, family member).
    If you feel like that at this moment in time, okay lets talk.
    If this is a p*ss take, its not funny

Trading places. Smoked salmon. You i like.
    I could bring tea.

I could bring chocolate cake and ice cream.

I would never ever ever piss talk about suicide.
    That i the same as crying rape when your date is bad.

I'm serious.

I'm serious.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056241245

Please phone one of these helplines, we cannot help you here, we can talk but we are not professionals and might say the wrong thing.
    Please just take care.

I'm serious.

Well then man,I'm taking you as serious.
    You need to pick up the phone and call someone, anyone.
    If you have no-one(and I know how that feels for some folks)
    Ring the Samaritans
    Great people on the line there, non judgemental and are always happy just to chat(believe it or not, that's what they do, chat)

I wish with hind sight that my relative had called someone, anyone before they took their own life.
    It's a phone call that can help save your life(even if you are only low at the minute)

Gotta go..

• Advertisement

Gotta go..

Take care, come back tomorrow and let us know how you are please :)

Gotta go..

On a note before you go....
    I'm the parent to 2 special needs kids
    Its Christmas and it stresses them out(hence why I am nite duty)

I lost a family member when they were 21
    I was with that person 2 days before, never suspected a thing.

Don't do something in haste because the moment is rough
    I have more than enough rough moments every day to last for us all:)

Come back tomorrow, things WILL BE DIFFERENT I swear:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Hope you're still reading this.
    Didn't know if you we're serious or not either OP, so have stayed awake to follow the thread and see. See what this means? It means I care, and plenty of others do too.
    I feel down a lot, especially at Christmas, so I get it. I can see you're frustrated that you're not being taken seriously, but that's Internet forums for ya.
    Maybe writing all this down is helping you in a way? How about emailing jo@samaritans.org, and they will be back in touch within 24 hours, what's another 24 hours, eh?
    If not ring the Samaritans directly, the number was posted earlier. They'll ring you back. Hope you're ok, PM or come back to let us know.

I'm shaking, shivering. "Come back tomorrow" makes me chuckle.
    This isn't me. I am normally a strong person. I hate suicides. It's for the weak.
    I keep thinking of my mother. Who i cherish. ****. Sorry.

This isn't me. I would never have my legs in this cold water....
    Just sitting here makes it weird.

**** it. Maybe i should go home.

This isn't me. I am normally a strong person. I hate suicides. It's for the weak.

I think you should go home too. Im cold sitting here and can't go to bed until I know you are in bed. :):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Suicide is not for the weak.
    Its for the broken, people who have found something in their lives that they think they cannot fix.
    Everything can be mended, everything.

I really, really hope that you are not taking the mickey because I would not consider it trolling.
    I would consider it very cruel to people who have lived through an awful thing.

I think you should go home too. Im cold sitting here and can't go to bed until I know you are in bed. :):p

Can I go to bed now too???:o

Can I go to bed now too???:o

No one is going to bed until we know he is ok, when he posts and says he will go home and sleep on it then we will sleep. :)

No one is going to bed until we know he is ok, when he posts and says he will go home and sleep on it then we will sleep. :)

Okay:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hey man, even if I'm not in the same position as yourself I can under stand the stresses of feeling like **** and having no one to talk to.
    My only advice is to find some one, anyone and just shoot the ****, tell them how you feel. If you are drinking, stop. It won't help and will likely make you feel worse.
    Myself and many others have gone through tough times and I at least have come out the other side and am now very happy.
    I hope you're doing alright next time you read this and I hope you look for professionally help, for me anyway, it was worth it.

As for Monday and Tuesday, I sometimes wish Christmas would just stop too. :p
    I like the family aspect but I HATE all of this present crap, I wish it was never thought up. The stress of being unemployed and having to spend what little money I have to buy people gifts they may have no interest in, walking around any shopping centre or in town and every dick head out there just looks through up, bumps into you and heads for the next bargain. UGH!!
    Then the sitting around for hours after dinner, the people who are proud of drinking before breakfast and not stopping 'till it's time to go back to work. You're not an alcoholic the rest of the year, why at Christmas?!
    I'm with you, OP. **** this Christmas spirit. Let's just focus on enjoy life one day at a time. :p

Feel better, dude.

There you go OP,
    People you don't know are on this site CARING about you.

Surely that has to be worth something???

If a stranger/s is willing to stay up half the night to make sure you are ok, surely you can see that there is some hope??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenn Coco

Still here OP.

Glenn Coco wrote: »
    Still here OP.

As am I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Yes you should go home! You'll catch a cold in water at this time of night! Go Home Now! :)

In all seriousness, if you are in a dangerous place right now I really do think you should go home, dry yourself off, and pick up the phone and call somebody for help! Is your Mum alive? Could you call her if she is? If not call a professional helpline.

You CAN be that strong person you say you usually are again, but only if you continue living and fight to get that person back.

If you're gone then that part of yourself that you like is also gone forever.

Give yourself a chance to fix things and get back on track.
    Anything is possible with some work and a lot of help, but you have to ask for that help from family or professionals.

Now seriously skedaddle and get home!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement