Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EVO Fitness Gyms !

• 21-12-2012 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys & Girls,

Anyone use one of these Gyms? & did anyone get the results promised?.Seems quite expensive so like some feedback from past or pre users.Thanks.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

smully wrote: »
    Hi Guys & Girls,

Anyone use one of these Gyms? & did anyone get the results promised?.Seems quite expensive so like some feedback from past or pre users.Thanks.:rolleyes:

Any links to a website/more info about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

The website doesn't say much to be honest

http://www.evofitness.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Hmmm looking at it, the initial 6 sessions for €50 isn't expensive, but I'd imagine there's a big upsell afterwards.

And as a random tangent, I've often wondered whether this would work, instead of paying for "time" or "sessions" people pay for "results", ie you state a goal, and you discuss how much you're prepared to pay to get there.

I'm obviously hyper-confident that I can deliver better results than most, so if I can do it in a shorter time (say 4 weeks), with less/shorter training sessions (say 40mins) than someone else (who's doing 8 weeks, 60min sessions) it stands to reason that I should get paid substantially more for it than the other guy who's being paid for 8 weeks of training (since there's a time cost attached to an individuals "time").

I'm going to go start a thread on this in the fitness forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 smully

Yes Hanley,I never asked what is the definition of a session.They say 20 minutes,3 to 4 times a week so I could blow my fifty Euro in one week(6 Sessions).I find that hefty but as you say.. if the results show I would be happy paying it,only of course If I put the time & effort into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I've never used Evo at all myself so can't vouch for it one way or another. But just wanted to say, I do know the owner/trainer Paul and I can vouch for him being a decent bloke and, at 44 years of age, he is in tremendous shape for what that's worth.

Again, no experience of Evo methods but I can at least assure you the chap in charge is sound as...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 immigant

Hanley,

How would you suggest this would operate. Given the example of the average walk in at any normal gym say the guy wants goal of say a decent squat then proceeds to not eat, sleep or do anything remotely helpful and predictably does not reach his goal.

You have at this point spent say 20hours with this vegetarian and realise that this has all been a total waste of your time...like watching Geordie Shore...what happens next?

Down payment? Gentlemen's agreement? Punishment beating?

(just realised how very unrelated to s&s sports this is. Sorry lads)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 evofitnesspaul

Hi guys!

Apologies only just joined boards.ie and came across your thread!

I'm the MD of Evo Fitness and just wanted to let you know that we finally got around to dumping our rubbish website and have put up something more useful in its place!

In particular we now have a FAQ that explains how our studios operate:

http://www.evofitness.ie/faq/

With regards to pricing we sell sessions in multiples of 6 i.e. 6, 12, 18, 24 - and so on! We use a sliding scale in that the more sessions bought the cheaper it gets!

Price per session averages from €10-€7.50 depending on location and sessions bought - not too much for training with an Evo trainer every single session!

We also guarantee results whether its inches, weight, visceral fat, metabolic age, etc... If someone's not happy with the service they received or the results they achieved we'll refund their payment...no quibbles! In 2 years we've never had to do this though!

If anyone has any questions please let me know - my personal email is paul@evofitness.ie!

Kind Regards,

Paul O'Callaghan
    Managing Director
    Evo Fitness

Advertisement