Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

central heating

Options
  • 21-12-2012 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

about plumbing.
    Does anybody know if it is acceptable to disregard a heating header tank and tee the cold feed to the heating system from the domestic cold feed to the cylinder, using a non return valve and expansion vessel.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

about plumbing.
    Does anybody know if it is acceptable to disregard a heating header tank and tee the cold feed to the heating system from the domestic cold feed to the cylinder, using a non return valve and expansion vessel.
    It is if its not for a gas boiler and ONLY if you use a filling loop and it is removed from the cold feed and blanked. This can be re joined if a pressure top up is required

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jayceegoodmark

Yes, I agree a filling loop would be the best method, although I do know of several housing estates here in sligo with a permanent connection from the domestic cold feed to the cylinder just using a non return valve, expansion vessel and safety valve.
    I would have thought that if the non return valve failed, as they do, water from the heating system could expand into the domestic supply, and it would never be known if the expansion vessel was functioning correctly, that can't be healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Yes, I agree a filling loop would be the best method, although I do know of several housing estates here in sligo with a permanent connection from the domestic cold feed to the cylinder just using a non return valve, expansion vessel and safety valve.
    I would have thought that if the non return valve failed, as they do, water from the heating system could expand into the domestic supply, and it would never be known if the expansion vessel was functioning correctly, that can't be healthy.
    It's not just in Sligo it's nationwide the so called " semi sealed " system

Advertisement