Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas travel Heathrow express & weather

Options
  • 21-12-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭

Not sure how many of you are travelling home today, I'm due to fly heathrow/cork later, but just to note....

Heathrow express is still totally suspended (21/12) due a track fault & There's a severe fog warning for some of the Irish airports (cork isn't showing anything landing till 10.30 stupid airport on a hill) so best check guys in case you need more time

Happy Christmas !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Andip wrote: »
    Not sure how many of you are travelling home today, I'm due to fly heathrow/cork later, but just to note....

Heathrow express is still totally suspended (21/12) due a track fault & There's a severe fog warning for some of the Irish airports (cork isn't showing anything landing till 10.30 stupid airport on a hill) so best check guys in case you need more time

Happy Christmas !

As pilot said to me in conversation

Cork doesn't have problems with fog, just low flying cloud

Hope you get away OK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Gatwick Express is currently down too - just on the news - lol maybe the Mayans were right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

On the topic of Heathrow travel. I am flying into Heathrow on Boxing/Stephens' day and I see there may be a tube strike that day. I usually get the tube to Hammersmith and walk from there. Anyone know where I find buses from Heathrow T1,3 to Hammersmith? Tried the journey planner but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

COYW wrote: »
    On the topic of Heathrow travel. I am flying into Heathrow on Boxing/Stephens' day and I see there may be a tube strike that day. I usually get the tube to Hammersmith and walk from there. Anyone know where I find buses from Heathrow T1,3 to Hammersmith? Tried the journey planner but no joy.

Go to central bus station which is above the tube station for one two and three
    you will see

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I flew into Cork on the 22nd - you wouldn't want to be a nervous flyer, the landing was pretty bad - plane was rolling from side to side quite a bit!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement