Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mince pies in Dublin?

Options
  • 21-12-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

(Apologies to people outside of Dublin)

Any recommendations?

Here's my twopence worth......

Lidl - cheap, satisfying 6/10
    Cuisine de France - Nice texture 7/10
    Il Valentino (Grand Canal) - Expensive, Pretentious, small 5/10
    Avoca - Expensive, Pretentious, but tasty, 7/10
    German Bakery, Newmarket, Dublin 8 - Perfect - 10/10

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Cake & Pie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

The best mince pies I've ever had (and I'm a serious fan) were from the bakery in Glasthule. They are AMAZING. Had a lovely one from M&S this week. Would be interested to know which city bakery does the best.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

The marks and Spencer's ones are incredible. They're perfect. The tesco ones are so plain. The best Christmas thing is without doubt stollen from lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I like the Aldi ones. M&S all butter ones are really nice filling, but there's not enough of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Aldi all the bloody way :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

My own ones :D

AEB780F7-4F58-4CC0-A7BB-3E6FF4BA7AEC-1930-000001B19C83BBD7.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Not Superquinn anyway. The minute amount of filling is a real disappoinment

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tosser5

marks and spenser are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

MarkMc wrote: »
    My own ones :D
    Although I can't attest to the quality of the pictured pies, homemade all the way, made by mammy or the OH :D

Advertisement