Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best hot chocolate in Dublin city centre

Options
  • 21-12-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭

Hey all, the missus and myself are going out for a christmas lunch this afternoon to celebrate getting holidays from work and then going to walk around, soak up the christmas atmosphere for a while whilst enjoying a nice hot chocolate. where is your opinion is the nicest hot chocolate found in the city centre??

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I would say Butlers. They do good hot chocolate. Have shops on Chatham St, Grafton St., Henry St and a few others I think

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Butlers.

By a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

Ask for it hot. I always find that places will give you lukewarm hot chocolate unless you specify otherwise. Mmmm Butlers

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Butlers - get the Cookie one :) yummmmmm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭DeadlyTwig

There was a lot of hype over the hot chocolate in the "The Sweetest Thing". I went there last week and I was sadly disappointed :-( It was cold and kinda powdery!!

I reckon cafe sol do a pretty nice hot chocolate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Butlers is good but can be really crowded at this time of the year!
    I am a big fan of Accents Tea & Coffee Lounge in Stephen St behind St Stephen's Green shopping centre. They have milk/dark/white chocolate where you drop chunks of chocolate into your cup and another drink, chocolate mixed with coffee with marhsmallows. Chai lattes too. And you can spend a lot of time on their sofas. Really great place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

DeadlyTwig wrote: »
    I reckon cafe sol do a pretty nice hot chocolate!

Cafe Sol hot chocolate is actually Cadbury's hot chocolate, as far as I know, but you're right, it is really nice. The best I've had anyway.

Accents is a really nice café, wasn't mad about their hot chocolate but it's a great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Probably too late at this stage, but Brother Hubbard on Capel St make some seriously good hot chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

KC Peaches on Nassau Street, You've a choice of Dark, Milk or White. They heat the milk with chocolate chips. Delish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

mhge wrote: »
    Butlers is good but can be really crowded at this time of the year!
    I am a big fan of Accents Tea & Coffee Lounge in Stephen St behind St Stephen's Green shopping centre. They have milk/dark/white chocolate where you drop chunks of chocolate into your cup and another drink, chocolate mixed with coffee with marhsmallows. Chai lattes too. And you can spend a lot of time on their sofas. Really great place.
    Accents is the nicest in the world, bar none!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Brick Alley Cafe in Temple Bar have a good range, including chilli hot chocolate. It's nice and thick too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Murphys Ice Cream shop on Wicklow St do a really really nice dark hot chocolate, and they throw in a free ice-cream taster too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

stevenmu wrote: »
    Murphys Ice Cream shop on Wicklow St do a really really nice dark hot chocolate, and they throw in a free ice-cream taster too.

And the Aztec hot chocolate is savage too, with chilli, cardamum and other spices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Cocoa atelier on Drury St claim to do a good hot chocolate... never been in there but having walked past their chocolate displays I'd be inclined to believe them!

Also La Dolce Vita on Cows Lane do an Italian hot chocolate which is amazing, get them on the right time during the weekends and you'll get freshly baked croissants out of the oven too... :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

And the Aztec hot chocolate is savage too, with chilli, cardamum and other spices.

I saw that, that's the next one I wat to try, it sounds fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

There's a place on Dame St doing a Ferrero Rocher hot chocolate, supposed to be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭lau1247

If you're ever out and about in Dun Laoghaire..

Try to head into the Sixty Four Wine.. (Link to Google Map)

I was in Dun Laoghaire back around September and they had a little stall outside doing a taster promotion, my god the hot chocolate is the best I have ever had.. thick and strong flavour.. none of those powderery dilute stuff

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement