Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds Utd take over confirmed

• 21-12-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Congrats Leeds fans. Catch you at the business end of the footballing world once again in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

That's Neil Warnock sacked again then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Finally! Hopefully all works out now. Bates got what he wanted. Now to slightly chop ticket prices would be a good move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

Of all the clubs for rich Arabs to buy, why pick Leeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Keedowah wrote: »

At the time they were bought, Man City were a smaller club than Leeds are now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Delighted it is finally done and dusted, has been dragging on for too bloody long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Sleeping giant, huge fanbase, rich history, one of the biggest cities in the UK and it's Leeds:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

JokerD wrote: »
    Sleeping giant, huge fanbase, rich history, one of the biggest cities in the UK and it's Leeds:)

Dirty Leeds, to give them their full name ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Another team for neutrals to hate and depise and take great enjoyment when they fail to gain promotion, win Premiership, Champions League, Olympic 100m, President of the USA etc, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

not sure how rich they are ?

But the 2 best English teams to buy now, would be leeds or everton IMO - the other bigger teams are already owned by powerful financial bodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

patmac wrote: »
    Another team for neutrals to hate and depise and take great enjoyment when they fail to gain promotion, win Premiership, Champions League, Olympic 100m, President of the USA etc, etc

TBF, Leeds are already quite hated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

maximoose wrote: »
    TBF, Leeds are already quite hated :)

I was trying to be diplomatic!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

thebaz wrote: »
    not sure how rich they are ?

But the 2 best English teams to buy now, would be leeds or everton IMO - the other bigger teams are already owned by powerful financial bodies.

Everton have been up for sale for a long time. Doesnt seem to be much interest i them. Dont know why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

godtabh wrote: »
    Everton have been up for sale for a long time. Doesnt seem to be much interest i them. Dont know why

Buying a football club is really not an attractive proposition for most billionaires. They don't make significant money and to be the next chelsea or man city you need to invest hundreds of millions with no guarantee of success. So unless a individual really loves a club it makes very little sense to buy a football club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I have a feeling their owners aren't gonna be like just throwing out cash like PSG, Manchester City or Anzhi. At a max I reckon they'll be like Malaga(were) We kept hearing how rich they were but they only ever really splashed on Cazorla, but I'm sure Leeds fans will be happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I have a feeling their owners aren't gonna be like just throwing out cash like PSG, Manchester City or Anzhi. At a max I reckon they'll be like Malaga(were) We kept hearing how rich they were but they only ever really splashed on Cazorla, but I'm sure Leeds fans will be happy with that.

it sounds that way - are the new leeds owners rich in the Chelsea / Man city way ? or just rich by our (my) standards :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Feckin' relieved today.
    7 long months of takeover on/off, GFH loaded/broke, Bates staying/leaving FINALLY comes to an end today.
    Still not sure if these guys have the financial wherewithal to help get back to the top table of the Premiership where we belong but they CAN'T be worse than Bates.
    Nothing committed in the Press Conference re investment in squad or buying back ER and Thorp Arch.
    A lot of questions still need to be answered but things should start to become clearer once the transfer window opens in Jan.
    Bates wasn't even at the PC which means he is now powerless and is essentially Chairman, in an advisory capacity, 'til the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

There's no real indication of how much money these people have but hopefully it means that we'll be able to compete financially even in terms of The Championship.

The parachute payments can be a crippler for teams who are trying to compete for transfers, then you've also teams that have invested significently over the past number of seasons.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to build our squad properly for years with players leaving for one reason or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

godtabh wrote: »

I'm guessing it has to do with the Location.

The same happened with Liverpool. With the Club's Rich History and Worldwide Fanbase, you would think there'll be alot of Billionaires looking to buy it? Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Cheap, good location, large ground, loyal fanbase, low wages..
    There are loads of reasons.

FWIW, I dont think these guys will have much to spend at all but so long as Bates is gone, I'm happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Once we no longer have to sell the prime players that come out of the excellent Academy, the good times will return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

are yous now minted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Completed minted.

Liverpool will our feeder club in 2014 instead of Chelsea's. :)

Advertisement