Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snails in tank

Options
  • 21-12-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

i started cycling my tank about 4-5 weeks ago with just my substrate (aquasoil amazonia) and a piece of amtra red wood.a couple of weeks ago i bought some plants from Aquaworld (eleocharis parvula,tiger spiralis,staurogyne repens) and the other day from out of nowhere i spotted a snail in the tank.today there are 3 of them.did they come from the plants?should i be worried?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The eggs probably came in on the plants. If the they get out of control you should get your self an Assassin Snail, they hunt other snails and don't tend to reproduce to easily themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

ah good thanks.i plan to stock some red cherry shrimp,will the assassin snail see them as food?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

From what I've read, no.

Advertisement