Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a mistreated starving dog what do i do?

• 21-12-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭

As the title says i found a starving mis treated red setter. he is crazy frightened and his ribs are coming out of him. I gave him so food and water but i wouldnt be able to mind him myself what should i do with him, im in cork by the way so local advice would be especially welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Contact your nearest SPCA centre. Also, get the dog to a vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

feed him, get to the vet and notify the spca. if you know the culprit report him/her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

;( I don't know how anyone could mistreat a setter - they're just so soft and gentle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Contact your local rescue. Get him to a vet, be careful feeding him, don't give him loads, just little bits, overfeeding a starving dog may make them sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

make sure you give him plenty of water, he sounds dehydrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Be careful, in Cork the CSPCA is the pound.

Try some groups here http://www.irishanimals.ie/general/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

slingerz wrote: »
    As the title says i found a starving mis treated red setter. he is crazy frightened and his ribs are coming out of him. I gave him so food and water but i wouldnt be able to mind him myself what should i do with him, im in cork by the way so local advice would be especially welcome!

Contact Pauline's rescue, she has a Facebook page she's a great lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Whereabouts are you in Cork, OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

jesus how could anyone mistreat a red setter they are the sweetest dogs you could find and in saying this i dont mean you have the right to mistreat any animal just making the point about setters as already pointed out feed little and often plenty of water you will see a different dog in 48 hours is there any chance you could keep it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

There's a Facebook page Cork Dog Action Welfare Group that may be able to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Try Munster Lost & Found as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

slingerz wrote: »

How are you getting on? Any update on the poor thing? Well done for helping him:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭meow

DO NOT CONTACT SPCA IN CORK!!

They're are loads of animal rescue groups in Cork, have a look on Facebook or go to your local vet and get a list of them. I work with an animal sanctuary but we're in Waterford, too far???

Advertisement