Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End game video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yawn!! i hope theres more to it than a silly scrambler.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I was hoping for a new jet or something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

4 decent maps will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

At least the bike pillion can shoot forwards unlike the useless quads, their speed and maneuverability should make for some interesting rush games too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Looks like another new gamemode as well

a sort of a capture the flag mode

but knowing the battlefield series there might be some spin on it.

Taking the dirtbikes into account maybe teams will have to take a flag from point to point to score. Or something similar.

I doubt it'll be a straight up capture the flag as the battlefield series has always built itself on giving multiple objectives (conquest has 3-7 points to cap, rush has always 2 m-com stations per round etc)

Maybe a twist on Rush where the attacking team has to plant flags at key points and defend them instead of blowing up mcoms. That way defenders can kill flag carriers well before the defend point so the defence can be much less static.

CTF on El Alamein was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Surely...

I really should start blaming Chuck Norris every time i die in a computer game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ah those iraqis, the only people with less accuracy than me

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Taking the dirtbikes into account maybe teams will have to take a flag from point to point to score. Or something similar.

Think you're on the right lines - when I looked at it first I noticed the CTF mode has two team scores at the minimap (where the ticket count should be) reading 0/3.

Makes sense to use the whole conquest size of the map and to win you may have to pick up the flag and capture it in three locations.

Looks like more AC-130 is back in conquest (@ 0:39 in video - earned by holding C flag).

I hope the bikes work like choppers - requiring a bit of thought for turning them or risk a spill, take advantage of analogue controls - like the end of the video when the guy on the bike might come off. Could be a lot of fun if you're trading the risk of huge fall damage to be able to race around.

Also hope they're immune to dumb javelins (not SOFLAM assisted) and landmines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Sorry for digging up this old thread but thought it was better than starting a new one

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/388582/battlefield-3-end-game-dlc-adds-air-superiority-mode/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

"PS3 Battlefield Premium members will get first access to the End Game DLC, followed by Xbox 360 and PC Premium subscribers, and then everyone else."

WTF is this ****e o_0

That's the way it has been for all the DLC releases. They have a deal with Sony to release on PS3 a week before.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

premium members get an air superiority video too

*drools* That air superiority mode looks amazing!! ALL THE JETS!!

ktulu123 wrote: »
    *drools* That air superiority mode looks amazing!! ALL THE JETS!!

But how will U c4 them :P

Flag looks interesing used to love that on El Alamein.

And may actually get my Jet kills score up from a massive 1 to.....2

I hate the way dice give us these flashy trailers but feck all info like how many jets in the new mode, I counted 7 on 1 side so maybe it will be an even 8 each side. Also this is a real missed chance at introducing a new plane or 2 maybe the chance to choose planes even would be nice.

CTF looks fun though :D

Theres an Avenger in the CTF video.

Hope thats in the Jet game, **** yiz all muhahahahahh

300px-Avenger_missile.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Video reminded me of Mad Max 2, looking forward to this dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Theres an Avenger in the CTF video.

Hope thats in the Jet game, **** yiz all muhahahahahh