Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing an AC adapter

Options
  • 21-12-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of a place that will do this?

I have a broken wall charger with a proprietary connector that can't be easily (or quickly) replaced, so until I can get one off eBay I thought I'd try to get it repaired.

I'm aware it's not recommended practice, but it's my only option for the time being.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

I'd pop over here & look for a student electronic engineer:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=569

They'd probably be able to solder the connector onto a suitable power supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you take it apart to check what the issue is? Made it's just a loose connection?

Otherwise try the usual laptop or electronic help places, they should have the required knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

biko wrote: »
    Did you take it apart to check what the issue is? Made it's just a loose connection?

Otherwise try the usual laptop or electronic help places, they should have the required knowledge.

It's the cable, unfortunately.

So apparently what I need is to solder the connector on to a new cable. I suppose I could do it myself but I'd rather have a pro do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

I'd pop over here & look for a student electronic engineer:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=569

They'd probably be able to solder the connector onto a suitable power supply.

Thanks. I need it in a hurry though so first preference would be to get it done in town tomorrow.

Advertisement