Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do these runners exist

Options
  • 21-12-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a pair of runners with the following features
    • 10 - 12mm heel to toe drop
    • Firm heel, similar to the triumph 9
    • A very soft heel counter, similar to the kinvara 2
    • support for a medium - high arch
    My ideal shoe would have the sole of a triumph with a slightly higher heel and the upper of a Kinvara
    I'm currently running in a pair of Brooks Ghost but find the heel a bit soft and Kinvara 2's with a 4mm heel lift, not ideal I know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Sounds like an ASICS Nimbus / Kayano could work for you, but no idea if you are netural or need a guidance shoe. Most mainstream shoe manufacturers are building shoes with 8-10mm as their main drop.

Mizuno have a firm heel but also a firm heel counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I'm a mild supinator so I wear neutral runners.
    Nimbus from experience would be too soft
    I'll have a look at the mizunos, if it came to it I would remove the hard plastic in the heel counter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Not sure how you'd get on regarding arch support, but the Inov-8 Road-x 255 has a 9mm drop, the sole is quite firm and its a neutral (they don't do any support) shoe.
    The heel counter is fine, can run in them straight out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Cool thanks, looks like I can get them locally too

Advertisement