Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothes for larger kids??

• 21-12-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone know where to buy clothes for kids that are larger size then average ??? Not height , but well big boned??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

cathy01 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone know where to buy clothes for kids that are larger size then average ??? Not height , but well big boned??

It depends really. If the child is say, 6 or 7 years old, you could probably get away with clothes for a 10-11 year old or something similar.

If it's a case of there not being any child sizes to fit, you'd really have to get adult sizes and take up the legs if things are too long. Wonder-Web is handy for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

She's 9 and would be Ina woman's size 10-2 but would be the height of a 9 year old. I was looking for something that a 9 year old would like if you know what I mean ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

cathy01 wrote: »
    She's 9 and would be Ina woman's size 10-2 but would be the height of a 9 year old. I was looking for something that a 9 year old would like if you know what I mean ?

If you're in Dublin, check out shops like Only, Forever 21, Bershka and Pull and Bear (all on Henry Street, all bar one in the Jervis Centre). They are the only ones I can think of that would do 'young' clothes, if you're looking for something to suit her age, while being an appropriate size. You'd need to look around the shops to find a few pieces, because of course there will be plenty of clothes that aren't age appropriate, but you should find a few younger looking things for her in some of those shops.

Just make sure to get short legs if you're buying jeans. :)

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    If you're in Dublin, check out shops like Only, Forever 21, Bershka and Pull and Bear (all on Henry Street, all bar one in the Jervis Centre). They are the only ones I can think of that would do 'young' clothes, if you're looking for something to suit her age, while being an appropriate size. You'd need to look around the shops to find a few pieces, because of course there will be plenty of clothes that aren't age appropriate, but you should find a few younger looking things for her in some of those shops.

Just make sure to get short legs if you're buying jeans. :)

Thanks for the help.xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Littlewoods used to do a "generous fit" range for children. I'm not sure if they still do but it is worth checking out.
    Edit - Seems they only do it for 3 school uniform pieces now, sorry :(http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/child-baby/e/b/2249/q/plus-fit.end

• Advertisement

hmm... sounds like 'big boned' is a euphenism. Would be better to aim that by the time she's 10, you won't have to search for such clothes, for her long term good. But I'm sure you realise this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Deleted User While you may mean well, please stick the original topic.

dudara

hmm... sounds like 'big boned' is a euphenism. Would be better to aim that by the time she's 10, you won't have to search for such clothes, for her long term good. But I'm sure you realise this.

How dare you comment in a 9 year old you know nothing about.
    I can't believe the neck of you. As above keep your comments helpful.

lindtee wrote: »
    Littlewoods used to do a "generous fit" range for children. I'm not sure if they still do but it is worth checking out.
    Edit - Seems they only do it for 3 school uniform pieces now, sorry :(http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/child-baby/e/b/2249/q/plus-fit.end

Thanks a million ill give them a look over .

I can only find items like school uniforms. But thanks so much .:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

cathy01 Please leave the moderating to the mods. No need to take it further.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Might be worth checking out shops with petite ranges. They carry almost all regular sizes, but the leg length is shorter than normal "short" lengths, and the tops aren't dresses on people below average height.

Topshop and a few other places do petite ranges of most of their stock :)

Advertisement