Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Caramoan (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

http://survivoroz.wordpress.com/

An Australian radio show dedicated to Survivor, thats a bit random but Ill definitely listen to the Ozzie interview, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thargor wrote: »
    http://survivoroz.wordpress.com/

An Australian radio show dedicated to Survivor, thats a bit random but Ill definitely listen to the Ozzie interview, cheers.

Anything relating to Survivor is worth watching / listening to :D
    .... well if you are as hardcore and obsessed as me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Im more of a Rob Cesterino Robhasapodcast interviews myself!

Boston Rob did one last season, was pretty amazing! Every friday he posts one!

www.robhasawebsite.com is the link guys! Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Yeah RHAP is my personal favourite of the lot, although Oz has some gems. The fact they tracked down Greg Buis is mindblowing, and hearing an interview with Heidik was great!

Is that Amazing Race that so many Survivors seem to end up on worth a look or is it all staged/scripted like the rest of the "junk" non-survivor reality shows? Worth a watch? Dont think Ive ever seen a Boards thread for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Is that Amazing Race that so many Survivors seem to end up on worth a look or is it all staged/scripted like the rest of the "junk" non-survivor reality shows? Worth a watch? Dont think Ive ever seen a Boards thread for it.

Give it a go I suppose :). I gave up watching a few seasons back - but overall I did like it even if it sorta got a bit worse (imo) as time went on. I personally got hooked after watching Season 7, but I'm not sure whats the best. Season 12 is cool as it starts in Ireland :P, actually I'd recommend that or season 7 as a starter season to watch ^^.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've listened to Rob Has a Podcast a couple of times... He had Probst on before Christmas - that was awesome...
    One thing I'll say about being a Survivor fan - it's not like being a fan of any other show, because the the Survivor cast will always gladly chat to you if you talk to them on facebook or the like... It's great.

I'm a big fan of The Amazing Race - like Survivor its got its good seasons and its bad seasons, but even the bad ones are at least enjoyable...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

This season thus far has failed to ignite,despite developing some kind of understanding of Shamar's PTSD post Iraq,he continues to play the Angry Black man or snotty teenage brat!Heaven forbid it is not as though he is lacking awareness of his issues.
    Sherri looks to have potential to go quite a long way,good social game and appears quite strategic.
    Sick to death of the Survivor producers overegging the perceived comic value of Philip the crazy,surely it can't be that great a rating winner.Ditto it is at this stage a bit of a running joke the ease with which contestants find HII,except it is'nt very funny.
    Tribal was predictable despite the three way tie and revote.Quite like the Jocks,Reynold is going nowhere without making a big move,it is going to prove impossible to make any inroads into Sherri's alliance.He should have given Hope the idol for the revote,worth a gamble and good riddance to Shamar.He would have gained some respect.No chance of a merge any time soon,time is running out unless the Fans start winning some ICs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Not sure the idol can be played in a revote.

I though Hope made a mistake by not taking Shamar's advice and voting for Eddie. It really was her only way of staying

Not sure why that didn't try and split the vote between Hope and Reynold - even if he plays the idol they still get the same result and the idol is out. With Reynold gone Shamar may have settled in more.

Philip is becoming a joke now with the crap he comes out with. All that NBA stuff - it's cringe worthy now. I like how Andrea is playing this season but Brandon is still as mad as ever.

On another note - if you can swim you are at a definite disadvantage this year

Hyzepher wrote: »

On another note - if you can't swim you are at a definite disadvantage this year

FYP :pac:

• Advertisement

No you can't play an idol on a revote, only on first vote.

Fans were unlucky in challenge, im disliking only one challenge per ep at the moment,

Delighted Malcolm has an idol, itl help him down the road hopefully!

Alot of players still very much UTR, while we get Phil/Brandon/Shamar overkill on our screens, hopefully this is a sign that there gone soon and there trying to show as much of them as possible in their short space.

I think Sherri, Reynold, Eddie and Micheal have the best chance on the Fans side of going far.

I would imagine a swap will happen soon, so hopefully thatll mix it up rightly and see where we are after!!

One World started last night on TG4 at 8:15 also, just saying ;)

God that is a collection of bland forgettable characters on the Fans team...

To be honest though the last few seasons have always looked very unpromising for the first couple of eps but then pick up so Id say the same will happen here.

They need to put the suvival back in Survivor though, I suspect everyone is being given enough rice and beans to eat lately, there should be an emphasis on fishing and gathering like previous season. And 2 challenges FFS, I dont even remember half the crap they pad an episode with when its just irrelevant chat for 90% of it.

God that is a collection of bland forgettable characters on the Fans team...

To be honest though the last few seasons have always looked very unpromising for the first couple of eps but then pick up so Id say the same will happen here.

They need to put the suvival back in Survivor though, I suspect everyone is being given enough rice and beans to eat lately, there should be an emphasis on fishing and gathering like previous season. And 2 challenges FFS, I dont even remember half the crap they pad an episode with when its just irrelevant chat for 90% of it.

Thargor I could'nt agree more with the sentiments expressed in your post.

I've seen it a few times and while it can be enjoyable it gets a bit boring for me because you see each task performed by each time with varying degrees of success. Sure check it out and see what you think.

Love the melon tossing moment :D
    One thing I'll say about being a Survivor fan - it's not like being a fan of any other show, because the the Survivor cast will always gladly chat to you if you talk to them on facebook or the like... It's great.

Agreed, some are sooooooo friendly but one/two can be ignorant. The latest person I have got to chat to is Dana from the Philippines, she is adorable :) I have the bottle and bag she used on the season :)

To quote one of her e-mails to me (when I asked if there was anything she did that didn't air that she thought was kinda cool) "I have been watching the new season of Survivor. Of course I'm pulling for my boy Malcolm! :) there were a couple chicken killing moments that didn't air and Penner and I getting into it over him letting the fire go out! Haha but of course there was footage of me being pretty sick too, so I'm okay that everything didn't make it to television"
    One World started last night on TG4 at 8:15 also, just saying ;)

Ha ha I saw that myself :D hilarious !!

You know one thing I am always curious about is the lack of viewing figures for Survivor, I'm guessing they only count the people watching it live and not those who record it or download etc, if they were able to count all of that I think the figures would be a lot higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Finally a pretty good episode, helps that it had two awesome challenges. Cant wait for next weeks episode after seeing the teaser... should
    be epic!

Yip not a bad episode,the Iraq veteran left without a whimper,can't believe he survived 2 tours in Iraq.His departure will definitely be beneficial to the Fans in the long term.The Philip Shephard show continues.....yawn.:mad:
    Fans thankfully made the right call at tribal,poor swimmers are a big disadvantage at ICs.Next week looks epic,classic Brandon meltdown.:D

Amazing episode I must agree !

Seeing Brandon meltdown is no surprise (he probably did it everyday but the editors thought it was boring viewing until he really exploded). I wonder what caused it, perhaps they lose the immunity challenge and he thinks he is getting the vote? :eek:

Bring on next Wednesday!

Loved the 'golum' guy :D ha ha and Shamar thinking they won reward ?? Hilarious although in fairness he was in the middle on the platform so probably could not hear very well and just assumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I thought if Shamar stood up for the challenge rather than bend over that they might get more players on the stand.

To be honest I am glad he is gone.

I am surprised they all voted the girl out, I wanted her gone but I did not think the older woman would of voted for her.

Enjoyable show.

I am going for the two man team of Eddie and Reyonald.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Thank god Shamar has gone, I've watched every season of Survivor and I don't think I've seen a bigger baby. This whole idea of "Oh I'm a war vet" respect me or else attitude annoyed the hell out of me. How in god's name did he do two tours of Iraq?! Next weeks episode looks great. Brandon is mental.

Brenda is the hottest ever survivor..hands down..I'd do damage to that woman.. can't believe she's 30!

• Advertisement

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Brenda is the hottest ever survivor..hands down..I'd do damage to that woman.. can't believe she's 30!
    I was just about to post that, her, Parvati and Amanda are 3 of the sexiest women Ive ever seen on any programme. Also Stephanie Valencia from Redemption Island because we're Facebook friends :D

Roll on next week, gonna be a good one...

I actually think Andrea is probably the hottest Survivor of all-time...

Since we're on the topic...

Top 10 Hottest Survivors of All-Time (as chosen by me):

10. Jenna Morasca (Amazon, All-Stars)
    9. Katie Hanson (Philippines)
    8. Amber Brkich (Australian Outback, All-Stars)
    7. Elizabeth Hasselbeck (Australian Outback)
    6. Julie Berry (Vanuatu)
    5. Whitney Duncan (South Pacific)
    4. Stephanie Valencia (Redemption Island)
    3. Chelsea Meissner (One World)
    2. Parvati Shallow (Cook Islands, Fans vs Favourites, Heroes vs Villains)
    1. Andrea Boehlke (Redemption Island, Caramoan)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

6. Julie Berry (Vanuatu)

No spot for Brenda?? Hang your head in shame....

Benny Cake wrote: »
    No spot for Brenda?? Hang your head in shame....

She was on my shortlist, but I just think the others hotter...

Don't get the whole Brenda thing,what about Danni Boatwright or Kim Spradlin??Yeah Parvati is right up there!:D
    Check this list out guys.
    http://survivoroz.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/25-hottest-survivor-female-contestants-of-all-time/

6. Julie Berry (Vanuatu)

APOX on you! ALL HAIL QUEEN BRENDA...She's such a RIDE!

Agree 100%, Brenda is hot but by no means the hottest. She is more cute than hot :p

brendapaddle.jpg

Sweet heavenly jaysus.

• Advertisement

drooooooooooooooool

tumblr_md7ad7hWJM1r0jbeto1_400.jpg

Advertisement