Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Caramoan (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

A pretty good episode.
    Still not a Cochran John fan, he claims to be an immunity challenge but he only won his last challenge because of the advantage :rolleyes:

Damn Andrea is gone :( I liked looking at her :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Funny that Brenda called Andrea sneaky when (during Philip's demise at Tribal) she was Brenda's immediate target. Also don't know why the trio didn't pull her aside and tell her that...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

kingtut wrote: »
    A pretty good episode.
    Still not a Cochran John fan, he claims to be an immunity challenge but he only won his last challenge because of the advantage :rolleyes:

To be honest, I don't think he actually believes that. He is definitely alot more self aware this time round. He said it tongue in cheek.

kingtut wrote: »
    Damn Andrea is gone :( I liked looking at her :o

Indeed. She was definitely one of the best looking girls this season. Don't know why this forum goes gaga for Brenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Andrea Top 10 hottest Female Survivors of all time! Bold statement I know!!

Regarding the game itself......meeeh?

Probst complains about big numbers sticking together and how its boring....here we go again, yes they cut Andrea before Eddie but really that guy hasnt a got a clue at all, dumb pretty muscle!!

Cochrans to lose in my eyes?? Maybe Brenda might speak a good case? Sherri could play the whole "Ive been behind this game the whole time but yet here I am??" S**** but since Malcolm and Reynold have been gone no-one is left really playing??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Andrea Top 10 hottest Female Survivors of all time! Bold statement I know!!

Regarding the game itself......meeeh?

Probst complains about big numbers sticking together and how its boring....here we go again, yes they cut Andrea before Eddie but really that guy hasnt a got a clue at all, dumb pretty muscle!!

Cochrans to lose in my eyes?? Maybe Brenda might speak a good case? Sherri could play the whole "Ive been behind this game the whole time but yet here I am??" S**** but since Malcolm and Reynold have been gone no-one is left really playing??

Tbf to Eddie, whilst strategically he seems clueless and has been edited to be that way, from the scenes they put up YouTube, people are saying he's liked by everyone, and gets on quite well with people. Whilst I reckon he's got no idea what's going on and just happens to be a nice guy, he could also have been steering things all along and leaving Reynold and Malcolm get the attention. I doubt it, but would be a good way to play, much like Cochran is, only he's getting the much better edit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Just a quick question to my fellow survivor lovers....any of you watch The Amazing Race too?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Just a quick question to my fellow survivor lovers....any of you watch The Amazing Race too?

Yes, love it.

Well what can I say..those heartless bástards voted out my love. #Gutted

The episode itself was pretty shíte. I really hate the "loved ones" part every season. I mean come on..you are gone from your family for what..a month...hardly a fecking lifetime! All the crying and howling is so damn american -_-. But then what Jeff did was pretty heartless too. I mean Brenda was damned if she did and damned if she didn't change her mind.

Still think cochran is going to win this season, hope Dawn goes next..she really is a whinging bitch.

I hope Dawn, Cochran and Sherri spend eternity in hell for that. Assh0les the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Oh the cruelty of it all,heartless.Smart move to make,Brenda made such a selfless gesture and her physical ability and strong social game made her a very likely winner.Hoping Erik or even hapless Eddie win,hope the others get no where near the million bucks.Hope Dawn is voted out next.Likeliest scenario final 3 of Cochran(winner),best buddy Dawn the mentally unstable and Sherrie.

• Advertisement

Final tribal should be very interesting,the evil axis likely to face a very hostile jury if Erik or Eddie do not win immunity.

Haaaaaaaaaate this season, in the bottom 10 for me!!

I think ill just rewatch old seasons, when the show was good!

While I like this season Philippines was by far the best for me.

Can't believe they voted out Brenda but a good (and very evil) move on their part, she definitely would have one. I am hoping that Erik wins. Really hope Cochran John doesn't anyway. For someone who really isn't that great of a player they have no right to be referred to by their last name.
    ElChe32 wrote: »

On occasion although my only true reality tv addiction is Survivor :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think if Eddie gets immunity next week - he'll win. There are now potentially a lot of votes for him on the jury - including brenda and andrea

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone else just want to give her a hug? :)
    Talk about being treated like s**t after what she sacrificed....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Not sure what people are so irate about. They took out the biggest remaining threat. Survivor 101.

Brenda would have wiped the floor with them in the final three, and they knew it....

The whole finale was a bit flat,Erik's early departure put paid to any likelihood of an upset.Having said all that Cochran was a very worthy winner,really enjoyed the fireworks at tribal.Not a great season overall,have yet to watch the reunion to see who won the sprint player of the season.
    Next season Survivor Blood v Water...in Philippines again.Sounds like Malcolm will be back again.

Take out your teeth Dawn, take them out. :D

Fantastic. Likely result though with Cochran winning, would have liked to see Eddie there to see how it would have gone. Reunion show wasn't that great either, and shame to see Brenda pregnant, lucky bastard who got that.

Fair play to Cochran, glad he won.
    Well great Brenda let the cat out of the bag..I was gunna tell you guys..but we're both so excited for the birth..

Malcolm deservedly won sprint player of the season.Reported Survivor Blood v Water will entail returning survivor players playing against their family members.

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Malcolm deservedly won sprint player of the season.Reported Survivor Blood v Water will entail returning survivor players playing against their family members.

Yup, although no one is sure yet if that's one tribe of returnees vs one tribe of family members, or if it's mixed up with 5 pairs per tribe. The rumoured returnees are out, although it's not definite, but I really don't like the casting for it, just hoping that the family members are good.

There's about 3 out of the 10 that I like and the rest weren't great, and there's one guy coming back for a 4th attempt, and he's not that good.
    Returnees
    Kat from One World (the hot blond, I like her)
    Rob Cesternino (like him)
    Aras (Survivor Panama winner, not bad)
    Monica Culpepper (somebody from One World)
    RC (that banker one from Phillipines, who Abi hated)
    Gervase (original Survivor so will be interesting to see)
    Rupert (again, and he's not that good)
    Tyson (had a decent first season, but was stupid in Heroes vs Villains)
    Tina Wesson (again an earlier survivor, so be interesting but must be really old)
    Laura Morett (Samoa, again meh)

Hopefully, there's some good family members there, cos the returnees aren't great. I'd nearly see the winner as Rob C just from the cast

titan18 wrote: »
    Yup, although no one is sure yet if that's one tribe of returnees vs one tribe of family members, or if it's mixed up with 5 pairs per tribe. The rumoured returnees are out, although it's not definite, but I really don't like the casting for it, just hoping that the family members are good.

There's about 3 out of the 10 that I like and the rest weren't great, and there's one guy coming back for a 4th attempt, and he's not that good.
    Returnees
    Kat from One World (the hot blond, I like her)
    Rob Cesternino (like him)
    Aras (Survivor Panama winner, not bad)
    Monica Culpepper (somebody from One World)
    RC (that banker one from Phillipines, who Abi hated)
    Gervase (original Survivor so will be interesting to see)
    Rupert (again, and he's not that good)
    Tyson (had a decent first season, but was stupid in Heroes vs Villains)
    Tina Wesson (again an earlier survivor, so be interesting but must be really old)
    Laura Morett (Samoa, again meh)

Hopefully, there's some good family members there, cos the returnees aren't great. I'd nearly see the winner as Rob C just from the cast

Ah bit harsh there,that looks quite a good line up stretching across the whole lifespan of Survivor.Could'nt agree more re that dude coming back for a fourth attempt.But 2 respected ex winners,Rob C,my favourite mormon from Utah(absolute legend) and some real hotties.Even the ex NFL footballer's wife was a real cutie.I'd be quite happy with that potential line up.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ah bit harsh there,that looks quite a good line up stretching across the whole lifespan of Survivor.Could'nt agree more re that dude coming back for a fourth attempt.But 2 respected ex winners,Rob C,my favourite mormon from Utah(absolute legend) and some real hotties.Even the ex NFL footballer's wife was a real cutie.I'd be quite happy with that potential line up.

Nah, I mean Rob C is cool, and Aras isn't bad, although I didn't like that season, few people deserve 3 attempts, 4 attempts is pushing it. A few have some potential,
    RC for example, since Abi was a nutcase
    Think there's some potential in the family members, Kat's cousin seems fun, the former NFL player is there, Tina and Laura's daughters look hot, Rob's wife Nicole, Gervase's nephew looked athletic at least.

Will have to see in September, but I think it's a good twist if done right, just I'm not gone on the casting, but I assume it was done in relation to the others brought in being interesting too.

Tbf, I saw the returning players for this season tagged as "Favourites" and was trying to think why some of these people would be favourites. Only Malcolm really deserved that, I wouldn't say the others were really impressive on their seasons. Cochran had a decent season, and Erik's ending was memorable, but the others were people voted out early or people Boston Rob carried in their seasons.

This season has been one of my favourites (pre-merge was boring, but I enjoyed Brandon's meltdown unlike others) and wouldn't have expected that a few months ago.

I had been spoiled from Day1 so im glad this season is over!!

Dont like the concept for 27 at all, pitting family members together for the sake of viewer entertainment and see will they break each others lifes for the sake of money?

Also there going to work with eachother if they get a shot together on the same tribe, so youll have blocked voting, god man Jeff thats not predicatable at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Worthy winner. He played the best game.

He couldn't emotionally manipulate people like Dawn, and he didn't have good looks to fall back on like Malcolm, Brenda or Andrea. He played smart. Yes, he got a bit lucky but all winners do at some point. I think Philip going home made his game a lot easier as Philip would have continued to bully people and you don't need that when your game is all about finesse.

When all is said an done, it was a good season. We had Brandon's meltdown and sabotage of the food....we had a truly mental tribal with the three amigo's all having an idol each and philip ending up going home....we had tribal teeth gate :P. Some blindsides and twists too.

I think people are getting carried away by nostalgia. It happens all the time. Rose tinted glasses affect your opinion of the current show.

As somebody who watched over 16 seasons in one big sitting over the period of a month a few years back......I think I'm in a good position to judge having seen the evolution of the show over a short period of time. There were some awful duds in there guys. The show as a whole is in a lot better shape now. Perhaps some of your are just bored with the format now? A bit jaded perhaps. But as a show for a new viewer, the current format is a lot more viewer friendly.

Oh, and maybe I'm alone but I quite like the 4th returnee that you guys are talking about. He's a classic player. He's no strategist for sure but its never boring when he's around.

I will say this with reference to Keith Kilduff. It's bloody important not to be spoiled. Stay away from spoilers as it ruins the show. The only season I had spoiled was China and I think it's one of the weakest seasons ever.....knowing the winner before it started probably altered my viewing quite a lot. Its always more fun when you don't know.

So Cochran won :rolleyes:

Well fairplay to him for the win but he is by no means a challenge king, he only won 2 of them because of an advantage!

In fairness though, nice to see a real fan of the show win the game, even though he didn't do it the first time :D

I wonder if is still working on his buff collection ... bet his collection in general is not as big as mine!

The re-union show SUCKED !! Why on earth did the pre-jury people have to sit in the audience ? They were robbed! I really wanted to hear from them all to see how they are getting on. It seems that CBS are constantly trying to improve things but in fact make things worse.
    The auction sucks also! Don't think I'll even bid on anything this year :mad: I'd bid on a torch but shipping and customs costs far too much!
    So next season is Blood vs. Water,
    well from what I have heard / seen it's going to be a really bad season. A tribe of returnees vs. a tribe of family members ? What a stupid idea. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Think Cochran deserved to win and glad he got it by a landside.
    Not too fussed over the idea of next season - think I'd like a couple of seasons with no returnees for awhile.

Yeah it would be nice to have a break from the returnees.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I am glad that Cochran won in the end.

Dawn was doing my head in there towards the end with all the crying and the way she expected to be taken to the final 3 by Cochran. Was not a big fan of hers on the reunion show either.

I am going to give the amazing race a try now. Debating with starting at season one or the latest one.

• Advertisement

Start from the beginning, I think I watched 7 seasons in about 2 weeks over a college break :D

Advertisement