Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdue bill call

Options
  • 21-12-2012 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

I received a bill recently and as I was closing my account (moving house) and wouldn't be re-opening for a couple of months, I called ESB with the final meter reading.

The helpful lady said she would re-issue the final bill with the new reading.

Today I get an overdue reminder call from your call centre from someone who had a really poor attitude. She said I was getting the call because of the original bill was overdue.

Your automated system really needs looking at and should you really be calling customers who may be two weeks late with their current bill but have paid in full on time for the last number of years?

I suggested to your staff member that I would be strongly re-considering re-opening an account with Electric Ireland if this is how they treat their customers.

To be perfectly honest, I don't have much of a problem with the above, but I do have a major problem with her response which was to say "Fair Enough" and hanging up on me. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Keith,

Sorry to read you were unhappy with your customer experience. I will ensure to pass your feedback on to the relevant department.

If you wish to change the date of payment due, do private message me your Electric Ireland account number, your name in full as it appears on the account, and the last address it was for, as well as the contact telephone number on your account.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Thank you Una,

The point is that I did pay the bill in full earlier today. I had one new combined bill with the due date today so I paid it.

Your agents attitude was "well the system said it so it must be right" rather than saying something like "sorry, stupid system quirk have a nice day". That's why I pulled her up, systems are fallible and human agents ought to have a greater appreciation of this rather than blindly accepting what the system does and tells them.

And as for hanging up on me....that's not in any way acceptable. In fact, I would question the whole process of how electric ireland are able to blindly call me up and demand personal details over the phone? A query that may be better directed toward ComReg. Anyway, nothing more to be said other than case closed and I'll be giving extra consideration to who my service provider is when the time comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Keith,

If you wish, I can look into why this happened and why you received the telephone call, once I have the details outlined in my last post. But if you would prefer to close your query at this juncture, I understand.

Once again, we are sorry that you are unhappy with how the agent spoke to you.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hi again Keith,

If you wish, I can look into why this happened and why you received the telephone call, once I have the details outlined in my last post. But if you would prefer to close your query at this juncture, I understand.

Once again, we are sorry that you are unhappy with how the agent spoke to you.

Regards,
    Una

Thanks Una, nothing more you can do other than apologise so thanks for that.

Advertisement