Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site idea please read

• 21-12-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi i am starting a website where the users can view all the tv shows they want for free online unlike netflix charging 7 euro a month my question is how do i get around the copy right on some of theese shows what licence do i need etc .. Any help is much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Hi i am starting a website where the users can view all the tv shows they want for free online unlike netflix charging 7 euro a month my question is how do i get around the copy right on some of theese shows what licence do i need etc .. Any help is much appreciated

Too many of these exist already. For every one that gets taken down, 5 spring up.

I use the pirate bay.

You won't be able to get around licence/copyright stuff without paying, and paying through advertising usually isn't enough. Clever users will just adblock.

Licence costs won't be your only problem as you'll have massive storage and bandwidth requirements. That's why successful operations like Netflix have to charge. 7 quid a month is nothing. I'd pay that if I watched enough old stuff. Heck, I'd pay 10 or more if it meant I got new TV shows within 24 hours of them being released in HD with super fast download times. (and I could actually download them instead of streaming)

Advertisement