Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance Plans Help!

Options
  • 21-12-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Trying to work out if there are any cheaper options for my parents Health Insurance but the HIA website comparison is wrecking my head!

Basically, we are with VHI, my parents are both on 'Parents&Kids Op Plan' and the two children are on 'First Plan Plus - Level 1'

This amounts to 4,137 E per annum. As I am 21 now I am considered an adult by them and am charged 1,372.50 E.

Do you know if its worth changing to any of the competing companies? Would there be much of a saving % wise?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Check hia.ie for comparisons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Aviva have half price for children at the moment. Are you a student? I think they also charge full time students the child rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Hmm did I not read this query on askaboutmoney.com, there was also a few responses. Did your folks ring VHI they can go thru the options.they also do a student offer on one+plan up to 22

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

I am in the same boat, I have rang VHI but they obviously will only go through their options, it doesn't help with choosing an alternative. I know we could all go on the HIA site but to be honest it's confusing stuff. I rang an insurance brokerage who deal with this last week but they were too busy to talk to me and had to put me on a list for a call back. I am hoping they get back to me because I am sick and tired of trying to compare plans on that site, I would gladly pay someone some percentage of any savings they could get me on health insurance as a fee for their advice.

Make sure they offer you the correct advice. Some brokers will promote plans from some insurers as they get a % from them this is especially true when they get nice healthy young people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Well they won't be getting that with me :), need top of the range care at my age!

Why don't you ring each insurer and see what they have to offer you. On this advice why don't you then check the HIA I know it will take time but at least you know what your looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

shannon82 wrote: »
    Why don't you ring each insurer and see what they have to offer you. On this advice why don't you then check the HIA I know it will take time but at least you know what your looking at

And after you have rung around ring a broker to see if they can offer a better option for all 4 insurers ! Young or old

Advertisement