Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with search function...

Options
  • 21-12-2012 10:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

When I'm using the search bar at the top of the page to search for a particularly forum, the drop down menu giving me my options are all dead links, clicking on them doesn't do anything.

I've tried in Chrome, Firefox & Safari. I'm using OSX 10.7.5.

Cheers,
    MM

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Best be including the name of the forum/search term too ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Steve wrote: »

Damn, I knew there was a forum for this kind of query. Maybe a mod can move it rather my opening duplicate threads?
    Best be including the name of the forum/search term too ;)

It's the same no matter what I search for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

That's not the only issue with the search function let's just say...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That's not the only issue with the search function let's just say...

More info would be awesome there. From my POV, I think the functionality of the new search function is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

More info would be awesome there. From my POV, I think the functionality of the new search function is fantastic.
    Seems quite hard to find things. Have had problems locating particular threads, recent ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Damn, I knew there was a forum for this kind of query. Maybe a mod can move it rather my opening duplicate threads?

Wish, command, etc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Hi MagicMarker,

If possible, could you give me a sample search phrase / dropdown link and the corresponding dead URL you're redirected to pls?

Thanks

Hey Ronan, it happens no matter what forum I search for. For instance I just searched for the Currys forum, the drop down shows the forum I'm looking for but when I click on it nothing happens, it doesn't redirect me anywhere, it's as if it's not a link at all.

In fact, none of the drop down options work, be they fora, search or users...

235012.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Hi MagicMarker, apologies I'm only getting back to you now. I'll see if I can liberate a mac for the cause over the next day or two and check it out.
    Will post any updates in here as I get them, thanks again for the bug report.

• Advertisement

All seems to be working fine now. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement