Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas turkeys?

Options
  • 21-12-2012 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

If you wish to have turkey for christmas dinner, would it have to be ordered and ordered by now? Would it be too late to try and pick up a turkey.

My mother wants to be stingy and go for a chicken or two for christmas dinner but nobody wants chicken. I've even offered to pay for a turkey but she's not having it, making excuses about cooking it. So nobody wants chicken except for her. The rest of the eaters don't know what they want or don't care but they know for sure that they don't want chicken.
    I think I might go ahead with a small turkey and cook it myself for the xmas dinner. Would it be too late to pick up a turkey?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

go into butchers and ask them to put you on a waiting list - sometimes people cancel turkeys they have booked so if you get on a lot of lists you might get one. Do it tomorrow though!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Or you could walk into any big supermarket and get one from the fridge. Always seems to be plenty these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

Tesco and all the other big supermarkets have fresh & free range turkeys for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Aldi had loads of free range Irish Turkeys on the 20th, I would hazard a guess that there are still some available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I saw loads in Tesco, Lidl and Dunnes yesterday, ordered mine in the butchers yesterday..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know it's too late to be posting now but if you wait until Christmas Eve Dunnes sell off all their remaining turkeys for less than half price!

Advertisement