Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This LIDL stuffed leg of Lamb ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I'd make some extra stuffing to go with it, personally, one of my favorite things about Christmas dinner is the stuffing, some fresh broccoli would also be nice, but really, any vegetable you want, as well as potatoes, both roast and mashed, obviously, maybe some Yorkshire puddings as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

andym1 wrote: »
    Just 4 adults and none too pushed on turkey. What would I serve with it on xmas day ? Comments most welcome

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-B02F1EFD-FF30BF8F/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/4179_26376.htm
    4 adults, I'd eat that myself, go to your local butcher and get a leg of mutton/hogget.
    Slow roast it, and serve with your choice of veg, ye'll be licking your plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

lidl do lovely red cabbage in a jar. I usually jazz it up with some chopped apple some spices. Goes lovely with lamb. Then some roast and mashed spuds and any other veg ye like, carrot & parsnip puree, sprouts,broccoli in cheese sauce, sauted french beans with smokey bacon and little garlic, the choice is yours. Also agree with making more stuffing, and a lovely gravy made from the juices from the lamb and the carmelised bits from the roasting tray, deglaze with some red wine. Bon appetite and happy christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Things I like with lamb:
    - roasted red pepper
    - pulses (peas are classic, but I usually go for green beans)
    - courgettes
    - baby potatoes
    - roasted garlic
    - parsnip

To my palate, brassica generally do not go well with lamb, so no sprouts, cabbage, or broccoli; somehow, cauliflower seems okay, but that might be due to its having little flavour.

My preferred sauce is redcurrant.

Wine: a light red. You don't want something that overwhelms the delicate flavour of the meat.

I have tried the Lidl product you have in mind. It's okay, but I would not be moved to ecstasy by it.

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

Thanks all for replies, Think I will get a Turkey crown too just in case !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

If you are not too pushed about turkey, why not try a goose crown? Lidl sell them also (look in the frozen foods section).

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

If you are not too pushed about turkey, why not try a goose crown? Lidl sell them also (look in the frozen foods section).
    Goose ? Good idea, going to lidl in the morning so will check it out, Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

Goose is fab, my mam does it every year , very easy to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

Goose is lovely, but it doesn't go far. A large goose will only just feed 4, ime

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

No such thing as lamb this time of year.....another food fraud....its mutton

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Chronic Button

Doom wrote: »
    No such thing as lamb this time of year.....another food fraud....its mutton

Or defrosted lamb

Advertisement