Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ballyduff Kilmeaden

Options
  • 22-12-2012 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Is anyone in Ballyduff, Kilmeaden getting a decent broadband service? If so, which providers are you getting it from? Eircom is the most hassle free option I can find but I see a lot of negative postings about their service and speed.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

If you can get Eircom and I know someone near by with a perfectly useable Eircom connection then go with that. People like giving out about Eircom who can be dire to deal with but even their worst service is often better than any form of Mobile Broadband and in most cases better than the wireless was (may still be?) in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 WonderingJu

Thanks Eirator,

Good to know that someone nearby is getting reasonable connectivity.

I'd still love to hear from someone in Ballyduff... especially down in the valley near the main road and Kilmagemogue.
    It's a one-year contract which would be too expensive if it doesn't work and the person I'm ordering it for will be completely at sea if there are complications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

iirc the connection I was refering to was at knockaderry about as near as you are likely to get a reference from. Its not a very fast connection has been down a couple of times over about 7 years but has otherwise been reliable.

Every pair of copper cables is different but if there is an Eircom phone line already installed I think its your best option. I don'y know what Eicom are offering speed wise atm but just get the most basic package because if the line isn't that good you won't benefit from the faster speeds anyway and a slower speed may be more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 WonderingJu

Thanks Eirator,

I'll probably go with that. Knockaderry is quite close alright. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement