Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions on cooking turkey for Christmas?

Options
  • 22-12-2012 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

No crazy suggestions, my idea was to make a barbeque turkey instead, but my mother wasn't having any of that.
    So, any suggestions I could forward on to her to make it not taste so plain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

No crazy suggestions, my idea was to make a barbeque turkey instead, but my mother wasn't having any of that.
    So, any suggestions I could forward on to her to make it not taste so plain?
    That chef Corrigan was on rte yesterday, he simmered the turkey in a veg stock for 55 mins & then put it in a red hot pan with lots of butter & kept turning it until golden brown. He swears it keeps all the flavour & tastes delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Watching Gordon Ramsey at the moment on more4 and he did a gorgeous turkey earlier - made a lovely butter with parsley, lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper and crushed garlic i think and stuffed it under the skin of the breast which keeps the meat moist and then smothered more of it on top of the breast (put olive oil in with the butter mixture too cos this stops the butter from burning apparently) then put it in the oven for 10 minutes at 220 degrees to brown it and then took it out and put a few slices of smoked streaky bacon on the breast which also gives it great flavour and keeps it moist (we do this at home every year also)

Advertisement