Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-licences that rent/"lend" glasses?

• 22-12-2012 4:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭

Howdy all, surprise birthday party for the missus coming up in the first week of January, so I suspect drink will be bought...

Rather than supermarkets I was thinking of going to an off-licence and am wondering if anywhere in Limerick still rents/"lends" glasses (subject to a reasonable charge for breakages)?

Any particular recommendations for a dozen bottles of red, a dozen of white (damn, there goes that ol' Billy Joel song in my head again...) and maybe a bit of the harder stuff. The beer drinkers can bring their own... I ain't getting into guessing brands.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

peckerhead wrote: »
    Howdy all, surprise birthday party for the missus coming up in the first week of January, so I suspect drink will be bought...

Rather than supermarkets I was thinking of going to an off-licence and am wondering if anywhere in Limerick still rents/"lends" glasses (subject to a reasonable charge for breakages)?

Any particular recommendations for a dozen bottles of red, a dozen of white (damn, there goes that ol' Billy Joel song in my head again...) and maybe a bit of the harder stuff. The beer drinkers can bring their own... I ain't getting into guessing brands.

TIA

Head out to the fine wines party shop. It's in the Delta Retail Park on the Ballysimon Road. They're the only ones in the city I can think off that may be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

+1 for the party store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Cheers, I'd forgotten about that place! (I don't drink) — just gave them a ring there and they said if I buy the wine there, they'll lend the glasses f.o.c.

They were initially worried they mightn't have enough of them, but when I told them the date they said no problem.

Advertisement