Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking turkey Christmas Eve?

Options
  • 22-12-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My mam is boning and rolling our turkey today. Will it keep in the fridge untill Christmas morning to cook on the day or would I be better off cooking it Christmas Eve night? If the latter how can I keep it moist untill slicing & reheating for diner on Christmas evening
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd freak out if my mum done that, she always cooks it fresh on Christmas morning. Re-heated turkey for Christmas dinner is probably not the best idea as you can't re-heat it again safely after that, so no second helping Stephens Day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

positivenote, the seeking and giving of food advice is forbidden in the Food & Drink forum for obvious reasons. You'd be better advised to ask your butcher.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement