Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom technical support wasted my credit

Options
  • 22-12-2012 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Yes. Just this morning,I had problem with connection and router itself ,so I rang up this 1890 number and automatic IVR took my number and said "Your waiting time is less then 5 minutes" and put me on listening a horrible classic music.

After 14 minutes of awaiting on phone,it automatically disconnected me from line. I wasted my €20 phone credit,

If i had a chance to get another service provider,I wouldn't stay with eircom not even a minute.

You are robbing the pockets of people then forcing to ring expensive number.
    eircom is waste of life

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi buzz_E

I am sorry to hear this. I can confirm that calling 1890 numbers from a mobile phone is much more expensive than calling from a landline (local call charges apply) and the cost per minute can vary widely depending on your mobile operator.

Would you like to DM me your landline number and Issue concerning the reason for calling our technical support team? I may be able to help.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

What would help is to post a landline number that customers could use from their 'free calls' packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭buzz_E

What would help is to post a landline number that customers could use from their 'free calls' packages.

he is dead right,,, I was going to say the same thing.. just provide a land line or number so that people can afford to ring...

Eircom should stop thinking about making money and start to think about customer satisfaction policy..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Eircom didn't waste your credit, you wasted your credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭buzz_E

areyawell wrote: »
    Eircom didn't waste your credit, you wasted your credit

If they didn`t assign the Lo-call no 1890 ,i wouldn't have to ring up them.

Didn`t you ever ring a CS for support?So I have right to ring them.As because I am their customer. I am getting service from them.They have to provide a support.

Open up European Consumer Rights and read..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭psalbmb

buzz_E wrote: »
    If they didn`t assign the Lo-call no 1890 ,i wouldn't have to ring up them.

Didn`t you ever ring a CS for support?So I have right to ring them.As because I am their customer. I am getting service from them.They have to provide a support.

Open up European Consumer Rights and read..

Which they do, however they are not legal binded to provide a FREE support number. You foolishly rang them off you're mobile, which of course would incur higher call charges, unless you're thick! Next time, prehaps ring them from you're landline number, or in the case that you don't have one, use a friend or neighbors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

1901 is a free phone number from mobiles

Advertisement